Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Like when she won the Golden Globe?

Everyone remember when Carey Mulligan won the globe?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Father, but I think Olivia Colman would be winning had Glenn Close won 2 years ago.

Honestly? Having seen it, I’m not so sure. It’s nom-worthy, but I get how she’s been passed over for the bulk of the awards season despite being the only lock: her part could’ve been a lot more and it wasn’t—she’s dependably great, but she’s not better than Youn or Bakalova for me. Probably on par with Burstyn.

But as discussed on the Oscars 2022 channel, she just has SO MANY good projects coming out, and she will most definitely be back in contention this year for an ELENA FERRANTE adaptation (nobody should take that unseriously—Ferrante is genius, and she doesn’t give away adaptation rights easily, and it’s a fucking great book. One of the contemporary masterpieces.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Everyone remember when Carey Mulligan won the globe?

LMAO. All you have to do is look at the stats of lead actresses who lost the Globe and compare that to the stats of supporting actresses who lost the Globe. The odds are stacked against Mulligan compared to Close.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

It’s that time ladies and gentlemen! “Carey lost I was right” and “Glenn is winning” by the usual suspects…

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

It’s that time ladies and gentlemen! “Carey lost I was right” and “Glenn is winning” by the usual suspects…

My apologies, I forgot that “Glenn is not going to be nominated”. You people can’t seem to make up your minds. You keep bouncing back and forth between Foster and Youn, but there can only be one winner. So which is it sweeties? Foster or Youn???

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My apologies, I forgot that “Glenn is not going to be nominated”. You people can’t seem to make up your minds. You keep bouncing back and forth between Foster and Youn, but there can only be one winner. So which is it sweeties? Foster or Youn???

Is this an SNL skit?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Close ain’t it is

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Saw someone completely misspell her name yesterday in their predictions in a manner of racist defamation

Disrespectful. It’s a simple Google search ppl. 🤦🏾‍♂️

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

The irony is that all these people praying that Close doesn’t win may just get Amy instead.

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

The irony is that all these people praying that Close doesn’t win may just get Amy instead.

Lol you can bet your arm Amy is not winning Oscar this year.

Carey would have to break one hell of a stat to win due to Globe loss, let alone Amy who did not even get a Globe nod

Profile picture
    Marcel Carneiro
    Topics:

Razziebilly elegy is more likely to win Best Picture than Amy win Best Actress

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Sophia Loren would be sweeping in this category, Netflix played its cards wrong.

Amy Adams would be a lock too for a nomination here. She is as supporting as Metcalf, Janney and M´onique.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Saw someone completely misspell her name yesterday in their predictions in a manner of racist defamation

Victor Cruz. Their name is Victor Cruz. It must also be noted that they neither edited their post nor apologised when someone called them out and just proceeded to talk about something else instead. That racist clown doesn’t deserve to be hid behind anonymity.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The way all Youn does is mind her business and people in this forum purposely misspell her ethnic name and reduce her performance to “speaking broken English” y’all should be ashamed of yourselves for your microagressions against an innocent woman who isn’t even confirmed a frontrunner. I fear for the racist remarks she will get when picks up more awards. We need better moderation.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

If it was only the Globe, then yes, it wouldn’t be a safe bet. But she got SAG and CC, and she’ll probably get BAFTA as well. Despite being in panned film, she’s marking all the precursors.

It’s time to accept Glenn will be nominated. People here need to put their personal feelings aside.

BAFTA? With this new system? Not sure

Also getting CC, GG, SAG noms don’t stop to Timothée Chalamet, Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson, Marion Cotillard, Tilda Swinton, Hong Chau, Idris Elba and other sole acting nominees ending snubbed.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.