Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Maria Bakalova, “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm” Glenn Close, “Hillbilly Elegy” Olivia Colman, “The Father” Jodie Foster, “The Mauritanian” Youn Yuh-Jung, “Minari”

am i the only who could see just how weak this potential lineup is?

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

So…

AACTA- Olivia Colman
    Golden Globe- Jodie Foster
    Critics Choice- Maria Bakalova

Predictions:
    SAG- Yuh Jung Youn
    BAFTA- Olivia Colman

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN in all categories (inc. CAREY MULLIGAN & Emerald Fennell in Screenplay)

THE FATHER in all categories (inc. Best Picture, ANTHONY HOPKINS, Olivia Colman & Adapted Screenplay)

Lo Si (Diane Warren) for Original Song

Chloe Zhao for Director

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

am i the only who could see just how weak this potential lineup is?

Olivia Colman
    Jodie Foster
    Youn Yuh-Jung

Are not weak nominations

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Does anyone think Bakalova could win at SAG?

Profile picture
    rydemac
    Topics:

I still don’t feel like Bakalova’s performance was Oscar-nod worthy. The hype is because Giuliani fell for it, not because the performance was remarkable. Just how good was the actual acting?

I don’t see it winning SAG or getting nominated for the Oscar.

SAG will likely be Close vs Youn vs Foster.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I still don’t feel like Bakalova’s performance was Oscar-nod worthy. The hype is because Giuliani fell for it, not because the performance was remarkable. Just how good was the actual acting?

So where was Giuliani for the rest of the film? Was he hiding?

The ‘actual acting’ was great.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

SAG will likely be Close vs Youn vs Foster.

Foster isn’t nominated at SAG

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Does anyone think Bakalova could win at SAG?

It’s quite possible, even without the Oscar nom. I have her in second there.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

So where was Giuliani for the rest of the film? Was he hiding?

The ‘actual acting’ was great.

Once again, if it wasn’t for the Giuliani scene. She would be nothing.

Profile picture
    Rajesh Krishnamuti
    Topics:

I think the precursor awards don’t mean much at this point. I suspect the actress who takes the SAG will go all the way. Seyfreid is out of the running. Foster won’t win a third Oscar. Just look at McDormand in the leading actress category. Three wins are reserved for a very special group of legends. Foster ain’t one of them.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I think the precursor awards don’t mean much at this point. I suspect the actress who takes the SAG will go all the way. Seyfreid is out of the running. Foster won’t win a third Oscar. Just look at McDormand in the leading actress category. Three wins are reserved for a very special group of legends. Foster ain’t one of them.

Definitely, although it’s very debatable and disagreeable to say Foster isn’t a legend. But a “supporting” role which isn’t her career best & where the category submission could be questioned writes Foster off I think. Olivia’s recent win being her biggest hurdle here, but The Father is a very well acclaimed film and the performance is very strong (as are Youn & Foster’s performances). She isn’t written off especially when she’s likely to be the only one to end up with two precursors (AACTA & BAFTA) the others having one. That is if Youn takes SAG & not Bakalova.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Jodie Foster is a legend. Let’s not be disrespectful.

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Gonna disagree with you on Jodie Foster not being a legend. Jodie has been acting since she was a child. She IS a legend.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

I doubt it. SAG is exactly one week before BAFTA this year, when BAFTA voting barely closes. Not to mention, the jury voting at BAFTA may snub some SAG nominees. I think a split race is very possible at this point. Whoever wins SAG won’t be safe either since it’s the BAFTA winners that will fall in the middle of final Oscar votings (assuming they are Oscar nominated)

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Whoever predicts all five correctly for oscar noms deserves a big prize. What a headache of a category

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.