Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 522 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
George Ehret
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

And here she is in a film that has terrible reviews that she couldn’t even win a Golden Globe for. I really don’t think it’s happening for Glennie Pie

Who do you think is winning? Youn couldn’t even get nominated for a Globe, Bakalova couldn’t win either. Foster couldn’t get a SAG nomination. Colman couldn’t win a globe either and just won.

It’s a wide open race that I doubt will be settled until Oscar night.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Who do you think is winning? Youn couldn’t even get nominated for a Globe, Bakalova couldn’t win either. Foster couldn’t get a SAG nomination. Colman couldn’t win a globe either and just won. It’s a wide open race that I doubt will be settled until Oscar night.

As if losing the Globe isn’t a big hurdle to overcome.

Minari is top 3 in Picture, so Youn

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

Olivia Colman and Yuh-jung Youn aren’t getting snubbed. I don’t think Jodie Foster is either.

I don’t see Olivia as a potential winner just as I can’t see her being snubbed. Yuh could win, if nominated. It’s almost impossible for Asian actors to get nominated. People use the Parasite cast example, and I think it goes the other way: not even one of them could get nominated with the film winning Best Picture, much less Minari which is not even discussed as a front-runner.

Predictions apart, I think Yuh would be another worthy winner. Olivia too. Maybe that’s why there isn’t a front-runner? Too many worthy contenders? Am I alone in this?

FYC:

Best Actor:
    Delroy Lindo - Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress:
    Sidney Flanigan - Never Rarely Sometimes Always

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Olivia gave another great speech last night at AACTA

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

On the Academy’s official page on Youtube you can watch (for the first time?) videos in with actors tell us about their movies.

Glenn Close is presented like a screen legend. That is right and coould give a curios prospective from them but then, strangely, Sophia Loren is addressed like an only Academy Awards Nominated actress.  So..

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Watching Sacha Baron Cohen on a GMA interview and he’s just called Maria Bakalova a “lead actor”, how did she ever enter the race for supporting? Her role is almost undeniably lead.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Olivia gave another great speech last night at AACTA

She’s so graceful although not in her most prepared condition. If she wins this year (let’s say all of the nominees are deserving), it must be becauss of her being so likeable and humble. What a wonderful actor/human being!

Profile picture
    manakamana
    Topics:

And here she is in a film that has terrible reviews that she couldn’t even win a Golden Globe for. I really don’t think it’s happening for Glennie Pie

Totally agree. Her stans were trying to make her winning narrative happen this year even though we all know she gave a bad performance in Hillbilly Elegy, even if she has a great career otherwise. She’s nowhere near as good as Youn Yuh-jung this year and doesn’t deserve to win, period.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

This forum, among other online media, and especially those articles keep spamming us with “why Amanda Seyfried deserves to win the Oscar” really tried it. She misses SAG and loses both Globe and AACTA lol. The way she went from frontrunner to struggling to get nominated 💀 For the record, I do think she’s easily in at Oscars, just sayin’..

I personally loved her performance and really would liked if she won. However I do wonder why media tried to hype her up so in advance. I mean I understand why Glenn’s fans hype her to get -finally-an Oscar. Even for HE. But this media train  for Amanda was curious.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Seyfried did nothing special in Mank. I say that as someone who liked that film. I’ll be fine if she gets nominated, but I won’t care if she gets snubbed.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Youn couldn’t even get nominated for a Globe, Bakalova couldn’t win either. Foster couldn’t get a SAG nomination. Colman couldn’t win a globe either and just won. It’s a wide open race that I doubt will be settled until Oscar night.

I might be reading too much into it, but I felt like the almost complete shut out of Minari outside of Foreign Language Film felt like a sort of ‘statement’ against the backlash they got for that decision, seeing as pretty much everywhere else now is showering the film with love. That coupled with all the recent news reflecting badly on the Globes as an institute, puts things in Youn’s favour. Her not getting into Globes might actually be almost a good thing since she hasn’t technically ‘lost’ yet to anyone, she’s continued steamrolling ahead with critics wins, nabbed the SAG nod, and if she gets the Critics Choice Award win and the BAFTA nomination I’m going to be considering her to be a frontrunner (even though currently I still put Colman and Close ahead of her).

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Can people rooting against Glenn Close this season stop posting the lie that somehow her winning for Hillbilly will be a blight on her record. An Oscar is an Oscar.

And she’d be one step closer to becoming an EGOT.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.