Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 520 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
wolfali
Naiad_Lyne
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep discussing in Part 13.

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Happy for Youn!

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Apparently none of the 12 voters watched The Father at-least that’s what I’m hearing? Sir Anthony almost was an obligatory pick since he’s a national treasure & just the notion of his performance receiving praise is enough?

This is insane, the last thing this year needed was this reform. Going to love seeing the BAFTA viewing figures this season

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

The jury voted to block Foster and Colman from a win. The massive support both their films got in the non jury categories and across the board including Best Picture in a list of 5 meant they would have both been in if voted by membership. And if either of them got in, given their relative known status and how much their films were supported, think they would have won.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

1. Youn

2. Bakalova

3. Colman

4. Foster

5. Close

6. Seyfried

7. Zengel

8. Fishback

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It’ll be Youn vs. Bakalova. Granted they won’t miss out on nominations day.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Y’all better hope Borat gets into another category. Only 1 supporting actress has gotten the Oscar being her films only nomination in the last 20 years. 2 in the last 30 years.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Im so happy for Youn! I’ve already stated the importance of BAFTA in these tight races and Youn made it here over her biggest competition: Colman and arguably Close to some extent. Maria is still a dark horse no doubt but I do not think she will be winning the Oscar regardless.She will be taking SAG+BAFTA or either just BAFTA. Either way I am confident in her winning.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Im so happy for Youn! I’ve already stated the importance of BAFTA in these tight races and Youn made it here. I’m so happy. She will be taking SAG+BAFTA or either just BAFTA. Either way I am confident in her winning.

BAFTA is useless this year.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

BAFTA is useless this year.

Not really. A win elevates your chances in a tight race immensely regardless of a nomination jury or not.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Close needs to win SAG to even have a prayer. Otherwise, she is done. There’s no passion for her performance or Hillbilly Elegy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jodie Foster is locked. She may have missed BAFTA with the jury but The Mauritanian got into Best Film there (a category voted on entirely by the general membership).

If her film has that much British bloc support (a reminder that The Two Popes failed to break into this category last year) then it’s going to be a big upset if she’s snubbed.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Foster’s snub here was surprising. I no longer see a route for her to win this with just a Globes win. She will be nominated though. And Seyfried has been over. SAG will be playing an immense role in this race too  if BAFTA chooses someone like Algar or Fishback but it will most likely not split like SAG. Can you imagine if we got a 4 precursor split like the Swinton year? Absolutely insane.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Jodie Foster is locked. She may have missed BAFTA with the jury but The Mauritanian got into Best Film there (a category voted on entirely by the general membership). If her film has that much British bloc support (a reminder that The Two Popes failed to break into this category last year) then it’s going to be a big upset if she’s snubbed.

Whats your current 5 predictions for next monday?

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Not really. A win elevates your chances in a tight race immensely regardless of a nomination jury or not.

Not when all of the people that you are nominated against have no shot at being at the Oscars. So instead of actually beating people that matter, you win over a lesser contender.

So what will you say if the 2 “frontrunners” lose to a non nominee.

The only nomination that Minari got from the general voters and not a jury was Score. It also missed out on a best film longlist spot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.