Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 520 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
wolfali
Naiad_Lyne
  • Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Yeah I am fairly confident in Colman and Foster making it in despite both getting snubbed at BAFTA. Both films did really well with the general membership, which gives you a hint that both of them would have been nominated under the old system.

Youn is obviously locked for a nomination as well, and now Bakalova is the only nominee who has made it to every single precursor. I think she is safely in as well, which is incredible.

The fifth slot for me seems like a race between Amanda Seyfried and Dominique Fishback. It’s not just her well-deserved Bafta nod, it’s also Judas hitting PGA yesterday. Someone did an analysis where an empty slot usually goes to a Best Picture contender, so I am sticking with Seyfried. Fishback shouldn’t be underestimated either, and not just because of her Bafta nod.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Not when all of the people that you are nominated against have no shot at being at the Oscars. So instead of actually beating people that matter, you win over a lesser contender. So what will you say if the 2 “frontrunners” lose to a non nominee. The only nomination that Minari got from the general voters and not a jury was Score. It also missed out on a best film longlist spot.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Minari was saved by that jury and I expect her to get most of the votes from the American bloc (evident by SAG, PGA, the high buzz in this country in general and a possible DGA nom)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a weird feeling Dominique Fishback could pull a Lesley Manville. Although of course Fishback is not an iconic British veteran.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Bakalova nailing everything is such a serve tho! She was doubted at every single turn for her impressive work b/c of the snobbish views surrounding her respective film (just like Close was). I can live with Close’s iconic 8th Oscar nomination and future honorary Oscar win (fingers crossed!) if it means Bakalova can upend all expectations and go all the way to a win. She’s moving the Academy membership forward, which should be applauded instead of derided.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Hot take but I don’t see either Youn or Bakalova winning BAFTA. I actually think Kosar Ali might take it.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Imagine if Maria actually did win the Globe though she would definitely be seen as the frontrunner right now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually think Kosar Ali might take it.

Sadly I think this is happening too.

I love Rocks. It’s one of my favourite films of the year and Bukky Bakray gives one of my favourite performances of the year.

However it is so perplexing how Kosar Ali has gotten so much awards buzz for this performance.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think Seyfried is going to get snubbed for Dominique Fishback. Judas is surging at the perfect time and is now locked for a Best Picture nomination after making the PGA lineup, as well as a Supporting Actor win. Meanwhile Seyfried lost all of her buzz and if she makes it in she would be a filler nominee. I thought she’d be fine after missing SAG but missing BAFTA too feels like the death knell for her chances.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also Bakalova is absolutely making it in at the Oscars now. And she may be the frontrunner to win.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not when all of the people that you are nominated against have no shot at being at the Oscars. So instead of actually beating people that matter, you win over a lesser contender. So what will you say if the 2 “frontrunners” lose to a non nominee. The only nomination that Minari got from the general voters and not a jury was Score. It also missed out on a best film longlist spot.

I’ll admit the Minari snub is troubling but it’s not like the general body doesn’t care about the performances despite their apathy for the film. Minari has been gaining momentum after the longlist has been revealed anyways. Plenty of time has passed that has built buzz and an incentive to see Minari for the members.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

The jury watched The Father, they watched all the films on the longlist and they had access to screeners so Hopkins didn’t just get in on his prestige and who knows why Coleman was snubbed.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

I think Seyfried is going to get snubbed for Dominique Fishback. Judas is surging at the perfect time and is now locked for a Best Picture nomination after making the PGA lineup, as well as a Supporting Actor win. Meanwhile Seyfried lost all of her buzz and if she makes it in she would be a filler nominee. I thought she’d be fine after missing SAG but missing BAFTA too feels like the death knell for her chances.

Yeah, no SAG and BAFTA noms hurt  her. Oh well. I’ll still be carrying a torch for her Oscar nom until the end.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Foster snub doesn’t change anything. She would 100% have gotten in under the old system. She could still pull a Chistoph Waltz, which wouldn’t have been nominated under this new system.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

heres how olivia colman can still win!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

heres how olivia colman can still win!

Wait weren’t you the one to expect Close to sweep this award season for Razziebelly Elegy?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.