Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 520 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
wolfali
Naiad_Lyne
  • Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Anyone still seriously doubt Bakalova will get snubbed at the Oscars?

She’s part of an absurd sequel to an absurd comedic movie, and yet she’s been nominated in everything possible and has even won a lot of awards.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Glenn and Amanda are coming… to get snubbed.

So what if Glenn wins SAG? And they’re going to nominate Mank for multiple categories except for supporting actress??????

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Oh yea the dominique oscar nom just went from whisper to longshot. Its still only 12 people but Im not going to entirely discount it

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Youn better win BAFTA & SAG. We need the best performance to win Oscar this year 🙂

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    JoeyJoeyJoey
    Topics:

As much as I love getting most of the noms “right”, I also love a year that I can’t fully predict. This a such a bonkers year and I’m really this last-minute surprises and shake-ups.

Also yeah, Bakalova is the only SA nominee to have hit SAG, GG, BFCA, and BAFTA…not sure why people are still saying she’s a dark horse for a nom. The Borat character doesn’t really do anything for me, but she was so weirdly charming in that movie.

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Youn better win BAFTA & SAG. We need the best performance to win Oscar this year 🙂

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

People still predicting Foster. Why? Her film did well and she got snubbed. No one really cares about what happened at the Globes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Here’s how Glenn Close can still win!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Heres how Olivia Colman and Ellen Burstyn can still win!

Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

People still predicting Foster. Why? Her film did well and she got snubbed. No one really cares about what happened at the Globes.

I think the last Supporting winner to miss at the Oscars was over 30 years ago, so that may influence it, but right now she is either #5 or out.

Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Glenn Close is 100% not happening! She is done.

Foster still has a chance to appear in the noms cause she won GG at least.

Amanda still has a chance to appear in the noms cause her film got PGA nom and is getting into BP noms.

But Glenn doesn’t have those factors.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

So what if Glenn wins SAG? And they’re going to nominate Mank for multiple categories except for supporting actress??????

Well, it won’t matter if Close is snubbed at the Oscars, considering the Oscar noms are next week and the SAG deadline is March 30th.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

The bafta jury really told the other branches that they werent doing it right and erased most of the list given to them lolz

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

BAFTA acting voting was per jury of 7-12 people. And like you said “The Mauritanian” went well on the noms (including categories voted by the British Academy in general like Picture and Screenplay). If the acting was done in the normal voting, she will have been nominated for granted.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

The only certain point here is Bakalova can’t be discounted anymore, regardless the Golden Globe blip. She can win critics awards, she was nominated in a system of general voting like SAG and she can also be nominated in a Jury type system like acting BAFTA. The only reason someone had to predict Bakalova snub is if AMPAS is so snob to nominate her.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.