Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
wolfali
Naiad_Lyne
  • Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

My brother who is member of DGA just received a video of Cher interviewing Amanda Seyfried. Lol. Netflix is campaigning for her!

I can’t believe BAFTA snubbed Colman. I didn’t see that coming.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The only certain point here is Bakalova can’t be discounted anymore, regardless the Golden Globe blip. She can win critics awards, she was nominated in a system of general voting like SAG and she can also be nominated in a Jury type system like acting BAFTA. The only reason someone had to predict Bakalova snub is if AMPAS is so snob to nominate her.

Or they don’t like her performance???

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Or they don’t like her performance???

But again she survived a system of Jury. Even if the theory of “don’t like her performance”, that shows there’s a contingent which they like.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

But again she survived a system of Jury. Even if the theory of “don’t like her performance”, that shows there’s a contingent which they like.

A jury of 12 people.

How hard is that to understand? The BAFTAs mean absolutely nothing this year when it comes to acting.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

My brother who is member of DGA just received a video of Cher interviewing Amanda Seyfried. Lol. Netflix is campaigning for her! I can’t believe BAFTA snubbed Colman. I didn’t see that coming.

They gave a nod to Cher’s win against Close, didn’t they? They did Close so dirty this season.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

“And the Oscar goes to… Maria Bakalova for Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.”

Holy crap, that would make 2021 just the best.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

They gave a nod to Cher’s win against Close, didn’t they? They did Close so dirty this season.

Close’s shitty film and performance did her dirty this year.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

A jury of 12 people. How hard is that to understand? The BAFTAs mean absolutely nothing this year when it comes to acting.

The fact that she’s the only one with 4 precursor noms should be an indicator that she’s locked. Especially here when the jury of 12 doesnt favor her type of performance at all.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

A jury of 12 people.

How hard is that to understand? The BAFTAs mean absolutely nothing this year when it comes to acting.

Again, you missed my point? It’s not just the BAFTA, she was also nominated in broader system of voting like the SAG and also in a group of 90 random people. For all the questions about Bakalova not being a liked performance, she has delivered in every system of voting.

With AMPAS, you only need a certain number of no. 1 votes. If Bakalova could have been nominated in a system like the new BAFTA, why it can’t at AMPAS?

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

The fact that she’s the only one with 4 precursor noms should be an indicator that she’s locked. Especially here when the jury of 12 doesnt favor her type of performance at all.

Exactly. That’s my point.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

“And the Oscar goes to… Maria Bakalova for Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.”

Holy crap, that would make 2021 just the best.

I am rooting for her but seeing Dominique nominated at the BAFTAs just made my day too. If its either of them or Amanda I’m good

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Bakalova getting in just sounds too good to be true. This would be one of the coolest things the Academy has ever done. I said I’d predict her if she gets in at BAFTA but the nominations are so absurd this year that I’m not sure I want to rely on those. I still won’t put her in my five. I just couldn’t handle another Jennifer Lopez type heartbreak.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Not people doubting Bakalova when she’s made it to EVERY precursor. Can’t say the same for Weird Grandma, Redneck Grandma, Dumb Blond, or Grieving Colman.

Is this Thatcher? lol. The nicknames kill me

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Exactly. That’s my point.

The jury went out of their way to go against any history. So saying the jury would somehow be against her is kinda ridiculous.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Who would’ve thought 6 months ago that the only person to hit all CC/GG/SAG/BAFTA would be an unknown Bulgarian actress in a first role playing Borat’s daughter.

Just wanted to correct you but this is not her first role… she has acted in a lot of movies in her country.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.