Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
wolfali
Naiad_Lyne
  • Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Glenn Close is 100% not happening! She is done. Foster still has a chance to appear in the noms cause she won GG at least. Amanda still has a chance to appear in the noms cause her film got PGA nom and is getting into BP noms. But Glenn doesn’t have those factors.

And how about the overdue factor which sometimes is the most important of all?

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

“And the Oscar goes to… Maria Bakalova for Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.” Holy crap, that would make 2021 just the best.

Deffo not happening sweetie lol

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Is Bakalova’s performance that loved and undeniable that she deserves to win an Oscar at a younger age than Vikander, Hudson, and Jolie was when they won their Oscars in this category?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

“And the Oscar goes to… Maria Bakalova for Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.” Holy crap, that would make 2021 just the best.

I hope so much that they read the full title. They did it with the first one.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

And how about the overdue factor which sometimes is the most important of all?

Not really, overdue factor doesn’t really play in the equation when you haven’t won a single precursor.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

Not really, overdue factor doesn’t really play in the equation when you haven’t won a single precursor.

Well she can still win SAG is very much possible, SAG is possibly the most important precursor in this category so if Close wins there things will be looking great for her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Bakalova is undeniably great but I wish, in hindsight, Tiffany Haddish could’ve been afforded similar support from voters.

The Oscars even had Tiff announce the nominees that year, only to get snubbed. 🙄 It was arguably a much stronger Supporting Actress race, but still. Comedic performances of their magnitude are often overlooked.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Well she can still win SAG is very much possible, SAG is possibly the most important precursor in this category so if Close wins there things will be looking great for her.

Maybe. This is the only category that I don’t feel confident in saying the SAG winner is taking the Oscar. It’s gonna depend on the Oscar nods since voting is still open well after they come out. Say Close is snubbed at the Oscars, I think you have an Emily Blunt situation.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

What does age have to do with it? Either you think she’s deserving or you don’t, I don’t see what difference her age should make to anyone.

Because age plays an important role in Oscar wins? There is a reason why the youngest winner in their 20’s in this category ranges from 23-24.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Bakalova is undeniably great but I wish, in hindsight, Tiffany Haddish could’ve been afforded similar support from voters.

The Oscars even had Tiff announce the nominees that year, only to get snubbed. 🙄 It was arguably a much stronger Supporting Actress race, but still. Comedic performances of their magnitude are often overlooked.

Lol I don’t like Maria’s performance, but what precursors did Tiff have going into Oscar nods? CC? That was never gonna happen.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Bakalova is undeniably great but I wish, in hindsight, Tiffany Haddish could’ve been afforded similar support from voters. The Oscars even had Tiff announce the nominees that year, only to get snubbed. 🙄 It was arguably a much stronger Supporting Actress race, but still. Comedic performances of their magnitude are often overlooked.

Oh thank god about that, Haddish is awful and not even funny

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

I want Fishback or Yuh-jung to win

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Imagine if Olivia Coleman wins SAG then Yuh-Jung Youn wins Bafta, Going into Oscar night it’ll be one of the most unpredictable races

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Lol I don’t like Maria’s performance, but what precursors did Tiff have going into Oscar nods? CC? That was never gonna happen.

That’s the point I was making.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.