Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 500 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
crabbie
SN
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

HAHAHA edginess! She is literally playing a redneck grandma, how is thay edgy? Lol

Did you see the film? Its full of poverty, drug addiction, familial strife, she has so many big moments and is the backbone of the film evidenced by her nomination. Academy eats that shit up for breakfast. It’s an I, Tonya esque performance and win all over again! Dread all you want. She is coming.

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I do think there is a path for 4 of them at this point.

Seyfried went from being the early frontrunner to now being a filler/welcome nomination…crazy how that works sometimes.

I do think there is a chance that Close could come from behind and win at SAG and be competitive for the Oscar.

I also agree with wolfali that Colman not having won an individual SAG award could play a factor and that she could win there…however I am still not sure they’d want to give her a second win so soon (I also still haven’t seen THE FATHER yet so I can’t comment on her performance).

Then you have Bakalova. She overcame the odds (not that you can call a sweep of the precursors “the odds”) and got nominated for that performance. I do think she has a very solid shot to take the SAG (not as sure about BAFTA) but if she does then I would be inclined to think she can go all the way.

I am still holding out hope for Youn to take SAG and BAFTA…the fact that her film is building momentum in BP and could take SAG Ensemble might work in her favor.

It is still pretty much anyone’s race until SAG happens.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I don’t think Bakalova will necessarily win, but she’s here because of a ferociously talented improv comedic performance. Her first leading role. In a foreign language. Under the handpicked tutelage of  industry-LOVED Sacha Baron Cohen. Whose performance went viral and maybe contributed to Trump being dethroned.

It’s not impossible. Just because it’s a farce, doesn’t make it less than astonishing. Seyfried and Close didn’t stretch, but fark did Bakalova.

Comedy is important. Comedy acting is harder than drama. In recent years comedy Emmys have been of the callibre where they leveled up and made people understand how hard, and artistic, comedy can be.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It is still pretty much anyone’s race until SAG happens.

I think even until the Oscars.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Did you see the film? Its full of poverty, drug addiction, familial strife, she has so many big moments and is the backbone of the film evidenced by her nomination. Academy eats that shit up for breakfast. It’s an I, Tonya esque performance and win all over again! Dread all you want. She is coming.

So what’s so edgy about her Oscar bait? Give me a break. The only thing Glenn is winning is the razzie boo.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Then you have Bakalova. She overcame the odds (not that you can call a sweep of the precursors “the odds”) and got nominated for that performance. I do think she has a very solid shot to take the SAG (not as sure about BAFTA) but if she does then I would be inclined to think she can go all the way.

I am predicting Kosar Ali there but Bakalova could very well win. The character of Borat after all does originate from British satire and I feel like that could play her to advantage.

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

I am still holding out hope for Youn to take SAG and BAFTA…the fact that her film is building momentum in BP and could take SAG Ensemble might work in her favor. It is still pretty much anyone’s race until SAG happens.

I think SAG ensemble will be taken by one of the BP snubs.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Glenn stans claiming she’s winning is giving me DeJa-Vu all over again. The funny thing is that she hasn’t even won a darn thing yet, unlike with The Wife.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I don’t think Bakalova will necessarily win, but she’s here because of a ferociously talented improv comedic performance. Her first leading role. In a foreign language. Under the handpicked tutelage of industry-LOVED Sacha Baron Cohen. Whose performance went viral and maybe contributed to Trump being dethroned. It’s not impossible. Just because it’s a farce, doesn’t make it less than astonishing. Seyfried and Close didn’t stretch, but fark did Bakalova. Comedy is important. Comedy acting is harder than drama. In recent years comedy Emmys have been of the callibre where they leveled up and made people understand how hard, and artistic, comedy can be.

Preach! What’s your table number because I’m sending drinks

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

If Close doesn’t win SAG she will not win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

There are so many SAG members that there is unlikely to be groupthink. Voters who want to vote for Glenn will and voters who don’t won’t.

Profile picture
    zordon
    Topics:

Glenn stans claiming she’s winning is giving me DeJa-Vu all over again. The funny thing is that she hasn’t even won a darn thing yet, unlike with The Wife.

Wouldn’t it be funny if she lost all precursors this time, but won the Oscar? But it would be even funnier if she lost to Colman again.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

lol the bitter jodie foster stans still crying

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Wouldn’t it be funny if she lost all precursors this time, but won the Oscar? But it would be even funnier if she lost to Colman again.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

I feel confident Bakalova is gonna sweep all the remaining awards. Her run has been very impressive.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.