Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
crabbie
SN
wolfali

• Germanswordfish
    Topics:

Dianne wiest should get a nomination

Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

The more I think about it the more I think the close snub might be hard. I imagine close will easily have the support of the conservatives in the category pushing hardcore for her. Something I previously failed to take into account.

wolfali
    Topics:

Congratulations to Marcia Gay Harden on her second Oscar win without any televised award nominations.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

crabbie
    Topics:

Something to keep in mind making your predictions:

At least 3/5 nominees were in best picture nominees for the past decade. Either this stat will remain or break this year. I think there will be at least 2/5 nominees in best picture though.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Something tell me that the nominees will be only 2/5 matched, just like BAFTA. But I don’t know… I just want to suprised! Marina De Tavira’s nom in 2019 gives me faith that the Oscars were capable in recognizing great, underrated talents, and then 2020 acting nominees happen… ew

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Dianne wiest should get a nomination

I don’t think the Oscars care a lot about her.

crabbie
    Topics:

Something tell me that the nominees will be only 2/5 matched, just like BAFTA. But I don’t know… I just want to suprised! Marina De Tavira’s nom in 2019 gives me faith that the Oscars were capable in recognizing great, underrated talents, and then 2020 acting nominees happen… ew

I think it will be 2/5 too. Youn and Colman are locks but The Father isn’t in my best picture nominations. I will be doing combinations for a while lol

FYC:
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR

Cabiria
    Topics:

Do you guys have Helena Zengel? I really want to replace somebody (Foster) with her.

2023: TAR, Banshees, Whale, and Empire of Light;
    The Batman for below-the-line

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Bonehead
    Topics:

Yeah, the picture/supporting actress stat is why I haven’t taken out Seyfried even with her SAG snub. Mank is making picture and many think she’s the best thing in it.

Minari has Yuh-Jung Youn, so there’s another one.

After finally seeing The Father last night, Colman isn’t just safe for a nomination, she’s cemented… but I also don’t have the film making picture, especially not if it misses editing/production design and not if we only end up with 8 or fewer nominees.

Dominique Fishback could happen, theoretically. It just seems odd to me that both Kaluuya and Fishback would be nominated without Stanfield, so I’m not predicting her. She is really the only other potential nominee whose film is likely going to make Picture though.

Zengel’s the best thing about News of the World, but that movie’s picture chances died when it missed PGA. She could still get in, it just wouldn’t satisfy this particular statistic.

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I think zengels like leto. Neither really stands a chance but we have to talk about them cuz they were nommed in one of the precursors.

iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Yeah, the picture/supporting actress stat is why I haven’t taken out Seyfried even with her SAG snub. Mank is making picture and many think she’s the best thing in it.

Minari has Yuh-Jung Youn, so there’s another one.

After finally seeing The Father last night, Colman isn’t just safe for a nomination, she’s cemented… but I also don’t have the film making picture, especially not if it misses editing/production design and not if we only end up with 8 or fewer nominees.

Dominique Fishback could happen, theoretically. It just seems odd to me that both Kaluuya and Fishback would be nominated without Stanfield, so I’m not predicting her. She is really the only other potential nominee whose film is likely going to make Picture though.

Zengel’s the best thing about News of the World, but that movie’s picture chances died when it missed PGA. She could still get in, it just wouldn’t satisfy this particular statistic.

Fishback would be a pleasant surprise since I did think she stood out in the movie, and really was quite good. Stanfield is a good actor, but honestly his performance/character was not terribly interesting to me. There was like a 25 minute stretch in the middle where he wasn’t even in the movie, I completely forgot about him, and if they just stuck with Kaluuya I would’ve been more than fine (that’s also a big reason why I think Kaluuya’s people are committing major Category Fraud with his performance, but that’s another argument altogether).

crabbie
    Topics:

Since I don’t have The Father in Best Picture, I just added back Seyfried to my predictions list since I do have Mank in my predictions. Her nomination would have no passion and just be a coattail to Mank. I really hope I don’t change the list for the 7th time. There is only 6 hours left to go anyways.

1. Bakalova

2. Colman

3. Foster

4. Youn

5. Seyfried

6. Fishback

FYC:

Nameizmann
    Topics:

Stats regarding nominations leader won’t matter this year, I suspect. The nominations leaders were basically also a top BP contender, but not this year since the frontrunners don’t have much craft representation (probably because expensive films got pushed back)

eastwest
    Topics:

You cigarettes have been cutting up with this one all season. This category is the one that my heart will be beating as if I am one of the women up for this. Settled for Amanda, Dominique, Maria, Olivia, and Yuh-Jung when I know Glenn is going to get in.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.