Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
crabbie
SN
wolfali

• Lucas
    Topics:

I guess I’ll predict Youn (or Colman) for SAG lol

SN
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1372591479059853320?s=19

I guess I’ll predict Youn (or Colman) for SAG lol

The best grandma will win!

wolfali
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1372591479059853320?s=19 I guess I’ll predict Youn (or Colman) for SAG lol

I know this isn’t the thread to discuss but oh ffs what’s wrong with HBO? Their campaign for I May Destroy You has been pretty shit.

Glad to see Sony Pictures Classics have gone back on top of things with their campaign for The Father.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

People Colman is about to win her first individual SAG. She’s overdue for a SAG win.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

It’s not like The Father’s campaign has been any better.

wolfali
    Topics:

It’s not like The Father’s campaign has been any better.

Tbh apart from Minari have any of these campaigns for these supporting ladies been any good? Netflix obviously are campaigning for <i>Mank </i>but I’ve hardly seen Amanda Seyfried campaigning since like December/January outside of the Actors on Actors things she did with Vanessa Kirby.

At least SPC seem to be getting back on track with The Father and Minari is getting the push it needs, why aren’t Amazon doing the same with Bakalova when they have so many campaign funds at their disposal? It’s weird.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

People Colman is about to win her first individual SAG. She’s overdue for a SAG win.

exactly !!! everyone is ignoring that point…

ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

exactly !!! everyone is ignoring that point…

I, too, have considered this as a fairly good possibility even though I am still thinking Youn may pull it off.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I, too, have considered this as a fairly good possibility even though I am still thinking Youn may pull it off.

I honestly hope the best grandma will win, that would make her oscar path so much easier but i have a feeling colman might win just because she’s never won one before. not that she doesn’t deserve but yk

crabbie
    Topics:

One thing for certain is Minari will not go home empty handed on SAG. It will either win ensemble or supporting actress. Or both hopefully.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

wolfali
    Topics:

For me, the hurdle for Colman at SAG was the nomination.

It’s ridiculous how some literally have her 4th or even last in their predictions. She’s third at worst imho.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

wolfali
    Topics:

overdue for a sag isn’t a thing.

Well I mean that’s the only reason Denzel Washington won SAG for Fences lol.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

crabbie
    Topics:

I have a feeling Close might be able to win this time around. Last time she lost there was only two real competitors in the field: Close and Colman. Colman had the British Bloc, Passion, and The Favourite enthusiasts who loved the film and wanted to reward it.

But in a divided race like this passion is split to Bakalova and Youn. People who love Bakalova’s performance love her performance. Everyone talks about the Rudy scene that entices a lot of voters to vote for her. Borat got a screenplay nod too so we know voters do somewhat like Borat. People also love Youn love her performance and Minari too. Not to mention Colman will also have the British Bloc and people who love The Father (6 nominations) voting for her. Close will rile up voters who will vote for her since she is even more overdue than the last time she went toe to toe with Colman and the conservative vote to back her apparently.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.