Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 485 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 15 is now open.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscar win incoming!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Edgar Blake
    Topics:

Just seen “Hillbilly Elegy”: Close is good, but the movie is bad, poorly written and directed. I think the only reason to explain this nomination is that Close is respected and was in a recent Oscar race (as Dafoe or Rockwell in recent years).

Colman has an Oscar and is not the Alì or the Waltz of this year, I can’t see she winning against Close two times in a row.

Amanda was the early frontrunner but she was not able to win at GG and BAFTA refused to nominated her (and “Mank” in most of the cathegories).

I don’t see “Borat” as an Oscar film, I think the nominations are the award for Cohen as a screenwriter and Bakalova, but I really liked them.

I think “Minari” will win in this category: it is the right movie, the right role for this award. Today the Academy posted on instagram a feed against hate vs Asian people, so this would be a great and consistent message.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I just saw Minari again and it will be an absolute tragedy if Youn loses this.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I too saw Minari a few days ago and without spoiling the scene with her in bed with her grandson (y’all know the scene if you’ve watched it) was a masterclass of acting. And the final shot of Youn in the film is devastating.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Just seen “Hillbilly Elegy”: Close is good, but the movie is bad, poorly written and directed. I think the only reason to explain this nomination is that Close is respected and was in a recent Oscar race (as Dafoe or Rockwell in recent years). Colman has an Oscar and is not the Alì or the Waltz of this year, I can’t see she winning against Close two times in a row. Amanda was the early frontrunner but she was not able to win at GG and BAFTA refused to nominated her (and “Mank” in most of the cathegories). I don’t see “Borat” as an Oscar film, I think the nominations are the award for Cohen as a screenwriter and Bakalova, but I really liked them. I think “Minari” will win in this category: it is the right movie, the right role for this award. Today the Academy posted on instagram a feed against hate vs Asian people, so this would be a great and consistent message.

if she wins, i don’t think that’s happening but if she wins that won’t be her winning against colman it would be against youn

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

the scene with her in bed with her grandson (y’all know the scene if you’ve watched it) was a masterclass of acting. And the final shot of Youn in the film is devastating.

Ughh both made me cry

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

So, I just looked at the current expert odds for the upcoming precursors (BAFTA, ISA, and SAG).

Based on current trends I currently have Bakalova as the frontrunner, but any of the other nominees except Seyfried have the potential to upset. Here’s how I can see them pulling it off:

Colman: She wins SAG, while Youn wins BAFTA.

Close: She wins SAG, while Youn wins BAFTA.

Youn: either (1) She wins SAG, or (2) she wins BAFTA while Bakalova does NOT win SAG.

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

I too saw Minari a few days ago and without spoiling the scene with her in bed with her grandson (y’all know the scene if you’ve watched it) was a masterclass of acting. And the final shot of Youn in the film is devastating.

Those two scenes broke my heart and she needs to win. She easily gave my favourite performance of the year

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

Oscar win incoming!

And then the wrong Grandma won instead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And then the wrong Grandma won instead.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

boredandricho, I love your profile picture!

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

Okay, I’m revising my potential upset list.

Right now I have Bakalova as the frontrunner, but I can see Glenn Close, Olivia Colman, and Yuh-jung Youn pulling upsets.

Close and Colman literally have the same narrow pathway to victory, which requires them to win (1) SAG while (2) Bakalova does NOT win BAFTA and (3) Youn fails to win either BAFTA or ISA. Because only one of them (Close and Colman) can win the SAG and thus continue down that narrow pathway, by the end of the night on April 4 at least one of them will be finished in the race.

As for Youn she still has multiple pathways, such as (1) she wins SAG; (2) she wins BAFTA and Bakalova does NOT win SAG; and (3) she wins ISA, Close and Colman do NOT win SAG, and Bakalova loses both BAFTA and SAG.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Have you guys read this Youn interview? It’s so heartwarming and definitely enlightening for those who thought of her as a “nobody” within the industry until now:

https://www.vulture.com/article/youn-yuh-jung-minari-profile.html

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

Get real. Ms. Yuh-Jung Youn is getting this and deservingly so. That ending scene is acting perfection. It has to be shown in acting classes to show these bitches how it’s done.

By the way, Redneck Floppegy is not happening ever. Glenn Close better pray she don’t win this cause she has a better chance with Four Good Days with Mila Kunis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.