Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 485 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Sasha Stone in her site now has Close in 5th place. It used to be #1 few days ago. I wonder that happened

I think everyone is kinda done with her. Netflix didn’t even send HE screeners to SAG. Even Glenn herself is done and suddenly remains silent since the Oscar nomination morning (not even a thank you post on Instagram??). I guess since Glenn already achieved the unachievable feat of getting nominated, she already won big time and probably doesn’t care anymore.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

You are all underestimating Colman. She is brilliant in THE FATHER and the movie is just starting its momentum. Yes late but just in time for the voting and from the way it overperformed it is so clear that ampas loved it too

Absolutely I expected the late surge with how SPC has handled the rollout, the BAFTA jury was the only reason I’ve never had her as frontrunner (rightfully so now). Currently though she may upset at SAG. If not she will always have the SAG overdue factor in future campaigns

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Youn will win. If she’s upset, my bet is on Bakalova. And I wouldn’t be shocked if lazy name-checking pulled Colman over the line. Close has no chance. She has no passion behind her performance or the film, and Oscar voters are aware she got a Razzie nomination. The only thing we learned is that a portion of the actors’ branch clearly has a lot of respect for her, and feels she is overdue. But that group isn’t big enough to get her to a win. Seyfried isn’t even in the conversation. The first nomination is the victory here.

Colman winning would be in no way “lazy name checking”, that would have been a factor if Foster had been nominated or if Close upset.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Box office doesn’t matter so much this year but it’s interesting how well The Father has done at the box office during the pandemic when it’s also just been released lol.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

BTW, belated happy birthday to Glenn Close! She turned 74 on Friday. I mean, one Oscar nomination for every decade of her life and she still has one nomination to spare ❤️

The most I can gather is buckets of ice cream and failed marriage fantasies with a certain British actor.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Box office doesn’t matter so much this year but it’s interesting how well The Father has done at the box office during the pandemic when it’s also just been released lol.

Minari also had a good jump this weekend due to the reopening of LA and NY (and, of course, the Oscar noms).

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

if Close upset.

Lazy name-checking for an eight-time nominee who’s never won? Please make that make sense.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Minari also had a good jump this weekend due to the reopening of LA and NY (and, of course, the Oscar noms).

Yeah of course but I didn’t mention that because I assumed it had already been mentioned.

It’s actually more interesting in Minari‘s case because the only person anyone has ever heard of in that cast is Steven Yeun and he’s not a household name like Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman are.

Promising Young Woman had a 1.5 million dollar bump too.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman had a 1.5 million dollar bump too.

This number is wrong. The estimate for this weekend is $200k, which is a 100% increase from last weekend ($100k). It remains the highest grossing nominee but will probably be surpassed by Judas.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

It’s so weird how this late in the season we still have basically no idea who is winning in this category lol

And that’s how it should be. I’m glad the precursors (so far) have failed this race. lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This number is wrong. The estimate for this weekend is $200k, which is a 100% increase from last weekend ($100k). It remains the highest grossing nominee but will probably be surpassed by Judas.

My mistake. I think I got muddled by it having grossed 9 million worldwide a few weeks ago thinking it was last week lol.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Voters saw what happened to Mamaw in Hillbilly <i>Elegy</i> and will vote for Close before it’s too late.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Am I the only one who has a hard time seeing Youn winning??? Please don’t misunderstand: she would be a deserving winner and is great in her role, the 2nd best int he category, but… she’s totally unknown in a close 5 way race. My gut feeling is that they will give Olivia Colman a 2nd Oscar – partly because she’s my choice as the most deserving but also because Hillbilly Elegy isn’t well-liked or loved and they don’t seem to do career awards the way they used to since they have made changes in their membership. Seyfried would be the pretty young woman syndrome pick, but so could Bakalova – if MB wins SAG it’s all over. I am not locking anyone in until I see what SAG decides but it’s anybody’s guess… it’s more fun this way when they drearily give it to a horrible performance i.e. Laura Dern last year!!!! Least deserving winner ever!!!!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

she’s totally unknown in a close 5 way race

This is Youn’s biggest hurdle and I’m worried about this aspect hurting her chances the most. SAG voters are lazy and basic. They can’t namecheck her in a season where they probably watched 4 films last year. If she wins here it’ll be because of passion that will repeat at the Oscars.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gold Derby when Helena Zengel wins SAG:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.