Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 485 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
boredandricho..
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Brackett89
    Topics:

I think everyone is kinda done with her. Netflix didn’t even send HE screeners to SAG. Even Glenn herself is done and suddenly remains silent since the Oscar nomination morning (not even a thank you post on Instagram??). I guess since Glenn already achieved the unachievable feat of getting nominated, she already won big time and probably doesn’t care anymore.

Who says this?

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Who says this?

SAG says it. and i think they mean physical copies

https://www.sagawards.org/dvds

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Yeah of course but I didn’t mention that because I assumed it had already been mentioned. It’s actually more interesting in Minari‘s case because the only person anyone has ever heard of in that cast is Steven Yeun and he’s not a household name like Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman are. Promising Young Woman had a 1.5 million dollar bump too.

Not that it matters considering AMPAS all know her, but Colman is definitely not a household name in the US.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

What nominees even qualify as household names? Davis, Hopkins, and Oldman? Plenty of borderline cases like Seyfried, Colman, Close, Boseman, McDormand.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I can see SAG giving Minari Ensemble or Supporting Actress. But not both. There was an anonymous SAG ballot on twitter saying “they already did this last year” referring to Parasite’s ensemble win.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Yeah, I’d think Davis, Hopkins, Oldman, Close, Seyfried, and Boseman are the closest to being ubiquitous household names. Leslie Odom Jr. is prob not far down the list with his success in Hamilton. Daniel Kaluuya too with Get Out. Honestly, I don’t think a lot of people have any idea who Frances McDormand is lmao

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I can see SAG giving Minari Ensemble or Supporting Actress. But not both. There was an anonymous SAG ballot on twitter saying “they already did this last year” referring to Parasite’s ensemble win.

Wishing that ballot weren’t anonymous so we could get them removed from SAG. That’s f*cked.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    L.B.
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I feel the same way but whew that’s fvcked up.</p>

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

I think few non-cinephiles recognize McDormand by name, but they often recognize her as the lady from Fargo or 3 Billboards.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Yeah, I’d think Davis, Hopkins, Oldman, Close, Seyfried, and Boseman are the closest to being ubiquitous household names. Leslie Odom Jr. is prob not far down the list with his success in Hamilton. Daniel Kaluuya too with Get Out. Honestly, I don’t think a lot of people have any idea who Frances McDormand is lmao

I think Colman is definitely a household name here in U.K. & has been for awhile with her big TV projects. Definitely happening in the US now too

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

After finally seeing The Father, I don’t think Colman has the performance to win an Oscar this year. It’s perfect, no question, but it’s subtle, and she’s constantly overshadowed by Hopkins (who also can’t win). She doesn’t have an Oscar scene– she’s just extremely solid throughout. A recent winner I’d compare her to is Alicia Vikander, but she had the advantage of being the film’s actual lead and boosting admiration with her Ex Machina turn that same year.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

i can see SAG going for ensemble rather than supporting actress to be honest.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.