Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 485 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
crabbie
boredandricho..
wolfali

• Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

The best way is to report spam, as I did.

crabbie
    Topics:

Done. I’ve been reporting them for spam for a while after they reduced Youn’s performance to speaking Broken English.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Magnus
    Topics:

Hun, my phone doesn’t know chinese.

Aside from the obvious flaws in this that others have pointed out (her being Korean and not Chinese) – every letter in her name is literally in the English alphabet, available for you to use at your leisure. God, racists are so dumb.

FYC
    Picture: Dune
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Sup. Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Original: The Worst Person in the World
    Adapted: The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography/Editing/Score/Production Design/Sound: Dune
    Costumes: Cruella
    Animated/Doc: Flee
    International Feature: The Worst Person in the World

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

She’s literally Korean first of all. Seriously when is a moderator going to terminate this racist’s account.

First of all use your IGNORE button if you don’t like what you see. I’m not going to be correcting Youn name whenever my phone doesn’t spell it right.

Magnus
    Topics:

First of all use your IGNORE button if you don’t like what you see. I’m not going to be correcting Youn name whenever my phone doesn’t spell it right.

If you are going to write about someone in an online forum the least you can do is show them some respect.

FYC
    Picture: Dune
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Sup. Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Original: The Worst Person in the World
    Adapted: The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography/Editing/Score/Production Design/Sound: Dune
    Costumes: Cruella
    Animated/Doc: Flee
    International Feature: The Worst Person in the World

Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Hun, my phone doesn’t know chinese. It’s a typo and I don’t have time to correct it just to please your political correctness.

Good. Does it know Korean? Maybe you want to try that.

Stop saying political correctness like if people were calling you out on a tiny detail. Just embrace your ignorance and say sorry instead of trying to make it all about you.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Timothée Chalamet.

I have spelt his name exactly how you have spelt it. I just don’t know how to put the accent on top of the e (which is to signify pronunciation).

crabbie
    Topics:

Sure. And I won’t correct my phone when it says Razziebelly Elegy.

FYC:
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

I think that 2021 is like 2007 all over again. Minari = Michael Clayton. Where Clayton got 7 noms, Minari has 6. Swinton won in supporting and so will Youn. They have to give Minari something.

So Youn wins best supporting actress
    #sipstee

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: Holy Spider
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
    Best Supporting Actress: Olivia de Leon
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Barbra Please
    Topics:

I hope Youn Yuh-jung win this. It’s a natural and tender performance. I’ts heartbreaking to see her own body start to betrays her. Also, that gaze at the end…. it’s her all the way.

This would’ve makes me feel so much better after being so disturbed by Zhao Shuzhen’s Oscar snub (don’t even mention the actual winner last year. Yuck…)

Ranking of the nominees:

Youn Yuh-Jung, Minari

Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Haven’t seen The Father and couldn’t stand the smugness of Mank (I think I made it 15 minutes, and then falls asleep. Maybe i’ll continue one day…)

ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I think that 2021 is like 2007 all over again. Minari = Michael Clayton. Where Clayton got 7 noms, Minari has 6. Swinton won in supporting and so will Youn. They have to give Minari something. So Youn wins best supporting actress #sipstee

Counter that logic & it could be used for The Father true. I hope it’s true for one of them they both deserve it especially Youn

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I think that 2021 is like 2007 all over again. Minari = Michael Clayton. Where Clayton got 7 noms, Minari has 6. Swinton won in supporting and so will Youn. They have to give Minari something. So Youn wins best supporting actress #sipstee

How?

Who would be Ronan, Dee, Blanchett, and Ryan in this case? No child nominee, no first-time veteran nominee, and Bakalova is a pretty unprecedented nominee herself…

And although I do sympathize with your prediction, I’m not sure the Academy’s like: “we have to give something to X or Y film”. Based on this logic they have to give something big to Mank as well because it has received the most nominations, so Seyfried would make the most sense in the key categories…then again the same with Olivia Colman and The Father.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

crabbie
    Topics:

How? Who would be Ronan, Dee, Blanchett, and Ryan in this case? No child nominee, no first-time veteran nominee, and Bakalova is a pretty unprecedented nominee to find a good comparison for her. And although I do sympathize with your prediction, I’m not sure the Academy’s like: “we have to give something to X or Y film”. Based on this logic they have to give something big to Mank as well because it has received the most nominations, so Seyfried would make the most sense in the key categories…then again the same with Olivia Colman and The Father.

I think the general analogy is that in a divided race like we have now the Academy tends to favor the actress in a best picture category. Swinton would be either Colman or Youn in this case. It is true movies do go home empty handed on Oscars night time and time again but I can’t see Minari which has passion from the acting branch and other branches let Minari go home empty handed. It is only a gut feeling so not much on the basis of anything. Yes American Hustle and The Irishman did go home empty handed but their nominations felt like filler and a check mark next to a big movie. The Academy had no reason to nominate people they are not familiar with like Yeun or Youn. Both could have been replaced by Rahim, Lakeith, and Foster, Burstyn respectively. Their nominations show their is genuine passion for the film so I’m going all in with my Youn prediction hoping I’m not wrong.

FYC:

Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I think the general analogy is that in a divided race like we have now the Academy tends to favor the actress in a best picture category. Swinton would be either Colman or Youn in this case. It is true movies do go home empty handed on Oscars night time and time again but I can’t see Minari which has passion from the acting branch and other branches let Minari go home empty handed. It is only a gut feeling so not much on the basis of anything. Yes American Hustle and The Irishman did go home empty handed but their nominations felt like filler and a check mark next to a big movie. The Academy had no reason to nominate people they are not familiar with like Yeun or Youn. Both could have been replaced by Rahim, Lakeith, and Foster, Burstyn respectively. Their nominations show their is genuine passion for the film so I’m going all in with my Youn prediction hoping I’m not wrong.

Minari definitely has passion, but I wouldn’t rule out a Close win here.

I also think that although Minari has done pretty well overall, it still couldn’t get Han or Kim in, which I think, is an issue in this particular argument. American Hustle and The Irishman definitely had a similar passion (except for De Niro), especially for runner-ups Lawrence and Pesci. I can absolutely imagine Youn as either our winner or a close (pun intended) runner-up.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

thelowlander
    Topics:

been reading for a while but had to flag this. what are these double standards here and how nobody even reacted to this one:

The industry will have a meltdown if Ms. Yuh-Jung Youn doesn’t win this. Twitter will basically be chaos. If she doesn’t win this, being the only one deserving, then they really hate Asian actors.

for the record, the most deserving imho is Close.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.