Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 542 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

She praised Foster, too. Research better.

I don’t know how I missed that I follow her posts lol.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

OK, first: Rude, and please calm the f down. The idea that somebody who doesn’t think the same things as you doesn’t make them deluded. And as I’ve clearly stated, I very much want Youn to win. But this has been a field that has been riven with different wins for…the whole season. While Youn has cemented the frontrunner status we assumed she had, the whole Academy—not just the actors—vote for the win. Quite literally this is still very uncertain because an upset is not that hard to imagine. Colman on the strength of The Father, sure. But this whole “she has no narrative” business with Close—we’re all still talking about her! Everyone is! All the bloody time! She’s on every voter’s mind! Bakalova can surprise too. Not everybody’s seen Minari, though it is well-loved by those who did. This is an unprecedented year and it is ridiculous to say “you’re deluded” just because I think upsets are highly possible. People often vote for the frontrunner as a follow-the-herd mentality but for one second try to understand: a shit ton of people may well have voted already! This field is and always has been more uncertain than Best Actress, and we still have no idea exactly what’s going to happen there either.

votings haven’t started yet…

also I get your point but calling close for win is a bit stretch at this point

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

a shit ton of people may well have voted already

Don’t worry Oscar voting doesn’t start until April 15.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

1. Youn Yuh-jung, Minari
    2. Olivia Colman, The Father
    3. Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    4. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy
    5. Amanda Seyfried, Mank

I have the exact same order

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Close has been dead all season lol

Were that true she wouldn’t have made the Oscar final five.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Youn winning is going to be historical!

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Why is Close dead at the Oscars? She’ll get sympathy votes and what about Hillbilly in makeup unless they go for Ma Rainey?

Srly? She lost the SAG, the guild with ACTORS. She has won NOTHING. Her pity and sympathy hasn’t work

OK, first: Rude, and please calm the f down. The idea that somebody who doesn’t think the same things as you doesn’t make them deluded.

Unless someone say and think something outside the reality check, so yes, it’s delusion.

But this has been a field that has been riven with different wins for…

Well, beyond the Jodie Foster’s random GG and Colman AACTA, Bakalova and Youn had been the critics darlings and both share CC and BAFTA. So not precisely wild different guesses

While Youn has cemented the frontrunner status we assumed she had, the whole Academy—not just the actors—vote for the win.

And guess which one has the film with the broader support (including Best director)…

Colman on the strength of The Father, sure.

Colman doesn’t have the BAFTA to spoil

But this whole “she has no narrative” business with Close—we’re all still talking about her! Everyone is! All the bloody time! She’s on every voter’s mind! Her narrative is basically a 24/7 thing at this point. SAG voters knew she’d won at SAG before—but (and I say this with sadness) she can get far more pity votes at the Oscars.

LMFAO! 🤣🤣🤣 Srly aren’t you a delusional Glenndista? Because this is something a Glenndista would say in the full delusion. Just because an award forum is pity party with her chances doesn’t mean the pundits are hearing, or the press (Where are the current articles? Or the references?) ANd this thing about “pity” votes, PLEASE, if she couldn’t win that pity with the same actors which admired her, why the directors, writers or tech people? And you have the breve to no call this as “no delusional”. Her narrative is overrated, no one outside here really cared about losing two years ago and she has lost in every fight. SHe has respect, no doubt (The Oscar nom is precisely an evidence). But one thing is passion for a certain group and another is broad support for the winners.

People often vote for the frontrunner as a follow-the-herd mentality but for one second try to understand: a shit ton of people may well have voted already! This field is and always has been more uncertain than Best Actress, and we still have no idea exactly what’s going to happen there either.

Poor thing! The voting doesn’t start till April 15th 🤣🤣

Next time, better saying, “I want” to instead ratiinalizing subjective wishes and falling hard

Were that true she wouldn’t have made the Oscar final five.

That’s why there’s a concept called “filler nom” like Robert Duvall in “The Judge”. Respected for the nom. Dead last for the win.

Profile picture
    Brackett89
    Topics:

I don’t know how I missed that I follow her posts lol.

You don’t know, right? So it was a good occasion to tell something false about an actress without even proving. Congrats.

Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

The fact that this could just be the first time an Asian woman won since 1957(!!!) is just disgusting. This industry is racist.  

Sure it is, certainly more yesterday than the last 5 or so years when you can see a generally large prospective but.. why the Oscar should have awarded an asian woman from 1957 until now?

The Oscar is the sum of American Cinema, is not a worldwide competition.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

You don’t know, right? So it was a good occasion to tell something false about an actress without even proving. Congrats.

You’re mad over a mistake ahh

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

</p>
    Sure it is, certainly more yesterday than the last 5 or so years when you can see a generally large prospective but.. why the Oscar should have awarded an asian woman from 1957 until now?

I hate this argument soooo much.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”> </p> Sure it is, certainly more yesterday than the last 5 or so years when you can see a generally large prospective but.. why the Oscar should have awarded an asian woman from 1957 until now? The Oscar is the sum of American Cinema, is not a worldwide competition.

I needed to double-check this to see if you actually intended to sound THAT racist or it just came out like that. from what you saying I get that there hasn’t been any good performance by Asian actresses since 1957 ? so according to your logic michelle yeoh, the entire female cast of parasite, awkwafina and many more never gave a good performance, not even once in their lives to get recognised by the academy, right?
    that is pure b*llsh*t

(just gave those people as example because they’re the most popular ones rn)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Imagine saying this when Parasite won Best Picture and its Korean script won Best Original Screenplay. Also Asian Americans exist.

Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

I hate this argument soooo much.

I think you could start to pacifically accept that the industry has a history that resonate the human being’s arch.

We are all different and worthy to have a good life in this world but is a fact that until a very recent past or not yet not all of us have had the chance to emerge. The movie industry is not alien to this.

It shouldn’t be disgusting that in 80 90 00 the american cinema, made by American for an American alike public, used white actors and tell us average stories.

It can be refreshing see that now there is more inclusivity though. like in the society. That’s it.

Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

I needed to double-check this to see if you actually intended to sound THAT racist or it just came out like that. from what you saying I get that there hasn’t been any good performance by Asian actresses since 1957 ? so according to your logic michelle yeoh, the entire female cast of parasite, awkwafina and many more never gave a good performance, not even once in their lives to get recognised by the academy, right? that is pure b*llsh*t (just gave those people as example because they’re the most popular ones rn)

</p>
    This is insulting. You are so angry that see racism everywhere. I only tried to make an objective resume explaining why only now we can see a awakening. with calm, not screaming ‘that’s disgusting’ or ‘that’s racist’ everyone and everywhere.
    unfortunately you don’t seem lucid enough to make a conversation.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 542 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.