Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 542 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”> </p> This is insulting. You are so angry that see racism everywhere. I only tried to make an objective resume explaining why only now we can see a awakening. with calm, not screaming ‘that’s disgusting’ or ‘that’s racist’ everyone and everywhere. unfortunately you don’t seem lucid enough to make a conversation.

you literally said, I quote “why the Oscar should have awarded an asian woman from 1957 until now?” what part of is this normal to you. if that is your normal I truly have no time to argue w you

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It’s that troll that spelled Parasite as Paradise and said Youn didn’t give a good performance because she had no crying scenes lmao.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

Congratulations to Queen Youn, she proved to be the better queen this time around.

Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

you literally said, I quote “why the Oscar should have awarded an asian woman from 1957 until now?” what part of is this normal to you. if that is your normal I truly have no time to argue w you

In the 1957 or 1967 or 1977 the world wasn’t like now. Same for The Oscar.</p>
    I’m not saying that is right. Let’s accept that the human beings need time to evolve, like the Oscar members.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Canetto
    Topics:

It’s that troll that spelled Parasite as Paradise and said Youn didn’t give a good performance because she had no crying scenes lmao.

I corrected the title and I said that her character is the center of the movie with a perfect narrative but not so showy.

Profile picture
    Praise the Lourd
    Topics:

In the 1957 or 1967 or 1977 the world wasn’t like now. Same for The Oscar.</p> I’m not saying that is right. Let’s accept that the human beings need time to evolve, like the Oscar members.

Yes Asian and Asian-American people only started existing and acting well in 2017 everyone knows.

Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

Strictly mathematically speaking, I don’t think we have enough information to determine the chances of anyone in this race even after SAG. The most important component we’re missing is the exact number of votes that each of the nominees received. So, we don’t know if Ms Youn won by a huge margin, e.g. taking 50% of all votes with the runner-up taking say just 20%. Or if for instance the results of all 5 nominees were packed very closely together – say something like 22% 21% 20% 19% 18% which is of course an extreme case but illustrates the point.

If we have the former case, it would most definitely mean that Youn will win the Oscar as well. Simply, because the actors branch is the most numerous in AMPAS (around 16% of the whole body) and will serve as some sort of representative sample, even though there will be varying biases within the different branches.

But if it is the second case nobody can guarantee if this result will translate in the same way with the full voting body of AMPAS.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

This race is also fucking with my head. Youn makes sense on paper and I want it to be her but something just doesn’t feel right about it. A Colman twist suddenly feels more real.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

This race is also fucking with my head. Youn makes sense on paper and I want it to be her but something just doesn’t feel right about it. A Colman twist suddenly feels more real.

Based on what?

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Yuh-jung Youn winning with 160k SAG-AFTRA members is HUGE. I have had her at No. 1 for a few weeks now, but this def confirms it for me. Just look at how people reacted to her win–everyone loves her!

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Based on what?

Does it need to be based on anything?

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Kinda? Olivia Colman upset feels more real because Yuh-jung Youn who is in top 5 movie won an award from the biggest acting voting body?

Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

gut feeling/intuition?

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

gut feeling/intuition?

Exactly. But there’s no point in saying this because people on here are obsessed with hard facts even when there are none

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 542 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.