Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 485 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
50 mins ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have two questions: 1 – If Youn wins BAFTA will there be anyone left who is not done? 2 – If Youn doesn’t win BAFTA will there be anyone left who is not done?

It depends.

I cannot see Bakalova pulling through but if Yuh-jung Youn loses the BAFTA whilst <i>The Father</i> wins British Film there, I don’t think it’s implausible for Colman to come from behind with a win.

If Youn wins the BAFTA this Supporting Actress race is finished.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m a Seyfried fan myself, but I realize she has no chance. So I’m rooting for Youn Yuh-jung in her place

Don’t worry she’s coming for the Emmy for The Dropout.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

It depends. I cannot see Bakalova pulling through but if Yuh-jung Youn loses the BAFTA whilst <i>The Father</i> wins British Film there, I don’t think it’s implausible for Colman to come from behind with a win. If Youn wins the BAFTA this Supporting Actress race is finished.

So, win for Youn cements her lead for the Oscars.

In the other scenario: very slim chances for Colman and this only in case of the not very likely event of *The Father* winning at BAFTA.

What about these sub-scenarios:

a) Bakalova wins there and *The Father* doesn’t

b) Bakalova and *The Father* win

c) Neither Bakalova nor Youn win but  *The Father* wins

d) None of the above win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maria Bakalova would have a slim chance if she took the BAFTA but considering how she lost with a populist group of actors like SAG and her film doesn’t have as much support or visibility as Minari or <i>The Father</i>, I am not actively considering her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Bakalova is still ahead of Colman. She would’ve won SAG if Youn wasn’t there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

It’s not over, in fact. I’m willing to bet the closure of my account with you. Are you that confident in a Youn victory? Then LET’S DO IT. Put your account on the line, if you love the grandma so much. Bet you won’t, because deep inside you know BAKALOVA will win.

Weird and unhinged behavior

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She would’ve won SAG if Youn wasn’t there.

There’s no evidence to suggest this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Might make this my signature

“Put your account on the line, if you love the grandma so much.”

watch I May Destroy You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I think Youn is winning. I’m predicting her for BAFTA too

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

Maria Bakalova would have a slim chance if she took the BAFTA but considering how she lost with a populist group of actors like SAG and her film doesn’t have as much support or visibility as Minari or <i>The Father</i>, I am not actively considering her.

What exactly do you mean by populist – I normally would associate this adjective with politicians. Is it that the SAG group wants to appeal to the *masses* or that it has something to do with the fact that it is a group with huge membership (which would be rather described as *populous*).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Based on what? Your desire for this to be true? In my mind Close’s name can still be read as the winner on Oscar night. Funny how ever other possibility people see as plausible but that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Bakalova has MUCH more passion than Colman. Not being in a BP nominee is not that important here. Otherwise, Alicia Vikander and Alison Janney wouldn’t have won.

LOL most people here were predicting Bakalova for SAG, yourself included. She was definitely the runner-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

I don’t think you need any sort of *evidence* for this, like this is some sort of crime scene where most of the clues were deliberately destroyed. This data *does* exist, what you need to do is just call the SAG voting committee and politely ask them to give it to you 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

do you have to blame everything on racism? Maybe the voters just wanted to award Geraldine Page

You are delusional thinking voters did not vote for Whoopi Goldberg out of racism. A vanity critic told this to Whoopi in her FACE:

“Even though she can wear a blond wig, she can’t play a blond. <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Even though she can act like a beautiful woman may act and walk like a beautiful woman may walk, she can’t really play a beautiful woman.”</span>

I’ve linked a video with the exact time stamp of the critic saying that to her face:

https://youtu.be/nv2qgL3fGZo?t=890

It also discusses The Color Purple‘s award season run and the racist causes for the film going 0/11 on Oscar night. Voters did not liking see Black women in leading roles. Oprah also mentioned in an interview how voters told her the film will not win any award and it should be honored to be there. But I would not expect you to understand the racist nuances that is involved in the Academy since you’ve said Viola Davis farts and she wins a SAG in your recent comment. Way to go.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

if youn wasn’t there colman or close would’ve won the sag. just because bakalova won cc doesn’t mean that she was a frontrunner for it since it is a fact that sag favours veterans most of the times

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 485 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.