Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The circuit just put an article out in variety saying Amanda Seyfried is the new spoiler. What is he smoking lmfao.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

You would think Seyfried would be in a better position since her movie got all of the necessary nominations that would normally put contenders as frontrunners. But then again, Colman’s and Youn’s films got similar nominations as well.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

The circuit just put an article out in variety saying Amanda Seyfried is the new spoiler. What is he smoking lmfao.

Boredom. That’s all.

Profile picture
    Brackett89
    Topics:

Youn vs. Bakalova. Olivia dark horse. Amanda and Glenn both found dead in Miami.

The found dead joke is offensive. Please stop.

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Amanda and Glenn both found dead in Miami.

.. what a pathetic attempt at a joke

Profile picture
    koksvardas
    Topics:

I think Youn takes BAFTA and locks up her oscar this weekend.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Youn takes BAFTA – > Pretty likely she wins the Oscar.

Youn takes BAFTA and Minari takes foreign film -> Youn is a lock.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You would think Seyfried would be in a better position since her movie got all of the necessary nominations that would normally put contenders as frontrunners.

She’s the Amy Adams in Vice of this season, the early frontrunner until people see her performance in a lower tier Best Picture contender. Which by then she becomes filler.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You would think Seyfried would be in a better position since her movie got all of the necessary nominations that would normally put contenders as frontrunners. But then again, Colman’s and Youn’s films got similar nominations as well.

Would’ve loved to have seen it. But she’ll be back for Wicked anyway, let’s be real.

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m feeling stupidly confident about Youn Yuh-jung. Is Bakalova really gonna win for a fucking Borat movie? If Melissa McCarthy couldn’t win for Bridesmaids, I don’t know how she wins. I don’t think Colman, Amanda, or Glennie Pie really have a chance anymore, that would be some Marcia Gay Harden shit right there

FYC

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I do think Youn is going to pull this off, and deservingly so!

I still could see Bakalova doing it but she’d have to take the BAFTA to make me consider her more strongly. I suspect we will see her again in future races.

I don’t know if anyone brought this up, and I am not bringing it up now to suggest it would happen but during the 1999 Oscar season, Best Supporting Actor was really up in the air.

Billy Bob Thorton won the CC
    Ed Harris won the Globe
    Robert Duvall won the SAG
    Geoffrey Rush won BAFTA (though this was back when it was held post-Oscars and I don’t think anyone seriously considered him)

And then veteran James Coburn won despite only have a SAG nom as his precursor.

The closest scenario I could see occurring in such a manner would be Glenn Close sweeping in but the big difference there is that AFFLICTION was better received plus had Nick Nolte competing in Lead as well.

Then you have the two more famous examples of:

2001 Supporting Actress going to Marcia Gay Harden after a split occurring everywhere.

2008 Supporting Actress race that is often brought up but in that case, you had the BAFTA winner sweeping in and pulling it off (Swinton).

So, if Bakalova does win the BAFTA, I wouldn’t discount her at all but I am still sticking with Youn. There is also a chance that someone like Kosar Ali takes the BAFTA as well which I think would be a bigger help to Youn, of course.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I have Youn taking BAFTA

FYC

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

For me honestly, Youn winning SAG was such a huge indicator – kind of like Parasite winning Best Ensemble at SAG last year – that I don’t really care what happens at BAFTA. I am sticking with Youn because it was potentially the hardest for her to win SAG and the fact that she was able to do that, shows incredible support for her.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I think an even bigger indicator than SAG is this huge surge that Minari is on right now. As more people see it and love it, the more people connect with Youn’s character. I feel like that’s gonna be the push for her to win

FYC

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

I’m really sorry, deleting the comment.

Best Picture winner CODA
    Academy Award winner Jessica Chastain

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.