Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m really sorry, deleting the comment.

Wait, what happened?

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

Wait, what happened?

I tried to make at joke from the “x found dead in Miami” meme saying “Amanda and Glenn found dead in Miami” and some people called me out which I think was appropiate. I’m not trying to be awful in the forum so sorry again.

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:

I hope Bakalova doesn’t win tomorrow, the opposite will mean the chances of a possible upset for Youn will be bigger.

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

You are delusional thinking voters did not vote for Whoopi Goldberg out of racism. A vanity critic told this to Whoopi in her FACE:

“Even though she can wear a blond wig, she can’t play a blond. <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Even though she can act like a beautiful woman may act and walk like a beautiful woman may walk, she can’t really play a beautiful woman.”</span>

I’ve linked a video with the exact time stamp of the critic saying that to her face:

https://youtu.be/nv2qgL3fGZo?t=890

It also discusses The Color Purple‘s award season run and the racist causes for the film going 0/11 on Oscar night. Voters did not liking see Black women in leading roles. Oprah also mentioned in an interview how voters told her the film will not win any award and it should be honored to be there. But I would not expect you to understand the racist nuances that is involved in the Academy since you’ve said Viola Davis farts and she wins a SAG in your recent comment. Way to go.

I always heard that The Color Purple lost because the Academy thought they were doing the right thing by not awarding it anything. The NAACP had denounced the film (in the video you linked Whoopi alludes to how she never thought her own would come for her.) She won the Globe but in the time in between the Oscar and Globe the uproar about the film’s depiction of black men and a white man making parts of an acclaimed novel a bit cartoonish became so loud that the Academy thought they were doing the right thing by skipping it.

With Whoopi they had an easy out since Page had lost so many times. Had Page not been there I think Goldberg would have won since Streep was the only other strong contender and she had just won twice.

I think The Color Purple only became beloved in later years as it ran on cable and Oprah promoted it so much.

Edit: I just found this video where Whoopi explains a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIh4uaLyJMI

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Per The Color Purple controversy, this video is more illustrative about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2qgL3fGZo

The comparison was a general one and wasn’t based on the critical reception of either film, but on nominations count and actress industry status.

And for that the precedent is biased and botched, but then, nothing less we can expect of the delusional stans.

The precedent stands. The story isn’t over with this category yet was the main point.

Like the Trump campaign for “vote count” lol.

Hoping having counselling number when the Oscar category is announced and Close loses again.

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

So ready for Queen Youn Yuh-jung’s brilliant speech!!!

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Does anybody know if Youn is attending in person? I just read an article that said a lot of European nominees (Carey, emerald, Thomas, etc.) plan to travel to LA.</p>

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Per The Color Purple controversy, this video is more illustrative about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2qgL3fGZo

Like the Trump campaign for “vote count” lol.

Hoping having counselling number when the Oscar category is announced and Close loses again.

Putting your trolling ass on ignore. Buh-bye.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Youn is going to make such an incredible winner although I am not the biggest fan of Minari.

Glenn losing again will help provide more roles in my opinion. I think Olivia needed to sweep to get Oscar #2. Youn has won the most awards (I believe).

This is hers.

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

I think she said in a video that her son was worried for her travelling to LA.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Does anybody know if Youn is attending in person? I just read an article that said a lot of European nominees (Carey, emerald, Thomas, etc.) plan to travel to LA.</p>

I really doubt it. Some Asian countries are more stricter regarding travel quarantine.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LOL most people here were predicting Bakalova for SAG, yourself included.

That doesn’t mean she was the runner up at SAG. Almost everyone predicted Carey Mulligan to win the Golden Globe. Was she definitely the runner up there?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’ve heard (don’t remember where) that Youn is already in the States.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Stay safe grandma!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Stay safe grandma!

She must be vaccinated at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.