Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Aurelius
    Topics:

Congratulations to Yuh-Jung-Youn on her Oscar, which is now locked after the SAG and BAFTA. I cannot wait to see her give what is going to be a poignant, emotional, and funny speech yet again. Also I feel so vindicated. This category became confusing only because the Globes snubbed her. And of course, the CC followed suit thinking they were predicting the Oscars. I have been saying from Day 1 what the Globes did was intentional, petty, and racist and it’s shameful that they almost got away with it. Youn was always the winner here. Bakalova should not be above number 4 for anyone now. No way she wins after losing SAG and BAFTA.

With this, Parasite last year, and Actress the year before, Critics Choice have been cowards and not awarding what they think is the best three years in a row because of the Globes only for the Oscars to give the win to someone else lol.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Youn wins SAG and BAFTA! Next up, Oscar!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

We have a proper front runner now !!!!

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

After seeing those Father wins, I think Colman is second. I do wonder if she wouldve won bafta.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Youn’s speech is going to be the highlight of the night. BRING IT!

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I honestly cannot wait to see Youn’s speech. If she attends in person, it will definitely be a Top 3 moment when she wins.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Academy Award winner Yuh-jung Youn

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Youn did it! I think Youn would have been nominated in a BAFTA non jury year of 5 slots, replacing Seyfried or Close.

I at first thought Minari wouldve been flat out snubbed at bafta without a jury but Youns win made me reconsider. I think the bafta nominees wouldve been (no jury):

1. Olivia Colman (possibly the winner if she was nominated)
    2. Amanda Seyfried (bafta loves their hot blondes)
    3. Maria Bakalova (london film critics, and see number 2)
    4. Yuh Jung Youn
    5. Kosar Ali, or Saoirse Ronan (Im just guessing based on Rocks popularity and aacta)

I dont think Close (in a very very Panned + VERY american film) wouldve gotten in.

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

*bitches

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I at first thought Minari wouldve been flat out snubbed at bafta without a jury but Youns win made me reconsider. I think the bafta nominees wouldve been (no jury): 1. Olivia Colman (possibly the winner if she was nominated) 2. Amanda Seyfried (bafta loves their hot blondes) 3. Maria Bakalova (london film critics, and see number 2) 4. Yuh Jung Youn 5. Kosar Ali, or Saoirse Ronan (Im just guessing based on Rocks popularity and aacta) I dont think Close (in a very very Panned + VERY american film) wouldve gotten in.

I think the same. But I think the fifth slot would go to Jodie Foster since they loved The Mauritanian and she did win the Globe. Still would be snubbed at the Oscars though.

Glenn Close was very vulnerable in missing. She was not even nominated for Albert Nodds at BAFTA and Hillbilly is a panned film.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I at first thought Minari wouldve been flat out snubbed at bafta without a jury but Youns win made me reconsider. I think the bafta nominees wouldve been (no jury): 1. Olivia Colman (possibly the winner if she was nominated) 2. Amanda Seyfried (bafta loves their hot blondes) 3. Maria Bakalova (london film critics, and see number 2) 4. Yuh Jung Youn 5. Kosar Ali, or Saoirse Ronan (Im just guessing based on Rocks popularity and aacta) I dont think Close (in a very very Panned + VERY american film) wouldve gotten in.

honestly jury lineup gave incredible visibility for less recognised performances by brilliant actresses but still not over the fact that they snubbed colman… she is brilliant in the father

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Lol @ her calling brits snobs. No lies detected

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

This is an exaggeration.

Why? She lost AACTA to Colman, and she lost SAG and BAFTA to Youn. SAG was the most likely to embrace a populist film like Borat and it did not. She could have won the BAFTA with the support of European voters but she lost here too. She already was climbing an uphill battle given the nature of her performance – improv comedy.

Colman can upset with The Father’s performance at BAFTAS. Close still has the overdue at the Oscars narrative. What does Bakalova have? She is in 4th place for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.