Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Why are we arguing about who has more passion between Close and Colman when Youn literally has the most passion for her performance? If anyone is running away with the passion vote, it’s Youn.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I wasn’t expecring to come back to Colman slander again… She is easily the runner up in this category. Yes she won’t win but that doesn’t change the fact that she is the only person other than Youn to win an industry award and that shows there is some passion behind her as well. And as someone else said too whoever is praising the movie and hopkins also praises her too so saying that she has no visibility or she is not even in top3 is a bit ridiculous at this point imo

also just incase, yes I am a huge colman fan but I don’t even root for her. she will have better chances in the future and I am sure she will snatch a second oscar in really close time so no need to slander her i guess

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I think Colman is second. The Critics Choice win for Bakalova does not mean that much considering their track record with foreign language performances. They are pundits and try to predict who will win. They probably interpreted the Jodie Foster win at the Globes as an indication that everyone in that field was weak and technically Bakalova did not lose supporting actress at the Globes so they went with her since Borat was surging at the right time with 2 Globe wins. The Father was released a few weeks ago and it’s peaking right now and that passion also translates to Colman. Borat has not been relevant since the WGA win.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If Bakalova, Close or Seyfried wins I will be so disappointed – my hopes are up for a Youn victory. But I personally would vote for Colman! So if Youn loses let it be to OC!!! I’m guessing this category will be fairly early, maybe even first of the night, and it would be a great way to start if all goes the way most of us think it will!!!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also Colman is attending the Oscars 🙂 https://deadline.com/2021/04/notes-on-the-season-the-final-vote-is-on-anthony-hopkins-aims-for-a-wales-of-an-oscar-night-coming-to-terms-with-best-picture-remakes-1234735462/

So she (and probably Vanessa Kirby and Gary Oldman as well) will be at the London Hub! Wonder how many of The Father‘s team will be in Paris and how many in London.

Riz just did a shoot with Darius Marder and Paul Raci for Deadline so he’s probably attending the LA one.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Topics:

So she (and probably Vanessa Kirby and Gary Oldman as well) will be at the London Hub! Wonder how many of The Father‘s team will be in Paris and how many in London. Riz just did a shoot with Darius Marder and Paul Raci for Deadline so he’s probably attending the LA one.

i think the production designers of the father and maybe Christopher Hampton  ( not sure where he lives actually or even if he is interested in attending) too will be there

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

If Bakalova, Close or Seyfried wins I will be so disappointed – my hopes are up for a Youn victory. But I personally would vote for Colman! So if Youn loses let it be to OC!!! I’m guessing this category will be fairly early, maybe even first of the night, and it would be a great way to start if all goes the way most of us think it will!!!!

Seyfried would be deserving, though! But yeah, it’s Youn’s year!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

AACTA is industry but it’s a fairly small part of it. The overlap with AMPAS is much smaller than BAFTA. So again, there’s nothing to suggest Colman is the runner-up and there’s no evidence she would’ve won BAFTA if nominated.

Anyway, Youn is taking this and there’s nothing that could stop her from winning.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

The way Youn took BAFTA despite Minari not even making it in Screenplay or the top 15 longlist for Best Film… very impressive. Shes got this.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Youn, Seyfried, Colman and Glenn 5th

Profile picture
    Topics:

Youn, Seyfried, Colman and Glenn 5th

literally in what world seyfried is no2

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Well, may I ask you which one is more important: GG or SAG? There can be two point of view, shared members and exposure. I think I can see SAG is more important than SAG because it includes the voters. So is AACTA. However, it’s totally understandable if what you perceive as important is exposure which may result in the answer that GG is more important than SAG and BFCA is more important than AACTA. It’s clear that BFCA is closer to the Oscar nominees, but is it legitimate? I mean does it include a pinch of voters’ true preference? Yeah, AACTA member didn’t try to predict Oscar like BFCA did, but I think international voters’ are really included in it. The voting method is similar to The Oscar which explains why the nominees are so different, but still really helpful because I can see how the industry think about certain nominees. I mean when Linda May was nominated, I knew that Nomadland would win The Oscar because it’s just undeniably loved across the voters’ background. When Colman won, I was more confident in The Father getting in Picture and Editing. It’s more important, I think, than seeing tie after tie after tie.

I feel guilty for not having a better response to all this but you broke that down really well. So most I can say is, fair enough.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Only the acting branch cares about her work. The branch itself forged a false overdue narrative for an actress that does not have any prominent work in the past 21st century. You can’t be overdue when all you have done is flop films for the past 20 years. Who even remembers Albert <i>Nobbs </i>or The Wife? Nobody will be talking about Hillbilly Edgy after this year. At least with Julianne Moore her previous two nominations was a double nomination in classics that did well in award season, The Hours and Far From Heaven.

Lol, Glenn Close is one of the five most Oscar nominated actresses in history. She might have had a rough time in the 2000’s, but stop acting as if she’s going to be some forgotten actress in the years to come. She’s never needed a “false” overdue narrative. Her work in the 80’s is stupendous. Also, not to mention her success in theatre and T.V. No need to drag a veteran legend like Glenn to argue why she won’t win this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.