Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Brackett89
    Topics:

Close is dead last. Why would anyone outside of the acting branch care about her overdue status that was manufactured on a false pretense she is somehow deserving of an Oscar for mediocre work? The way the Academy is becoming more diverse and international only hurts Close because she is only known for her movies in America in the 80’s.

I don’t want to log in into a forum to read stuff like «Close is dead». It is offensive and problematic under many points of view. And your post is ageist.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Honor Glenn Close in that alt right propaganda, you honor Tucker Carlson’s worshipper J.D Vance who has also called BLM a business hoax.

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1380611143656484870

Make your move AMPAS!

Luckily, Oscar voters had full knowledge of the source material to “Hillbilly Elegy” and nominated her anyway due to the high quality of her performance. Imagine that! Your continued trolling is both ageist and ignorant.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

She’s literally the veteran pick of the year the same as she was in Albert Nobbs. There is no passion for her performance.

Close was nominated for her eighth Academy Award regardless of the ageist shit that you’ve consistently throw at her on this website. It’s absolutely meaningless and does nothing to her or her storied legacy.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:
    • Glenn Close loses to Jessica Lange who goes on to win 2 Oscars
    • Glenn Close loses to Cher who goes to win 3 Golden Globes, an Emmy, and a Grammy
    • Glenn Close loses to Jodie Foster who wins her second Oscar 3 years later
    • Glenn Close loses to Meryl Streep who already surpasses her career with 3 Oscars
    • Glenn Close loses to Olivia Colman who wins on her first nomination and continues to work with prestigious directors

Her legacy is overrated and all of the people who beat had better performances and has already surpass her “legacy” and career already. She has no good work in film for the 21st century except for a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy.

We already know who won what Oscar when and why. None of that diminishes Close’s legacy or career. Continue to stay pressed and useless.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Glenn Close’s film career tease.

More like your existence teas.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Close has not posted about her Oscar nomination once on her instagram. She is ashamed of it. Probably won’t even attend.

She’s definitely attending pls. And why does she have to post anything whatsoever?! She already reacted to the noms live on talk shows nomination morning. Your obsession with her is a bit ridiculous and quite annoying.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh my god, the fact that people think they know an actor well enough to think they know what their stance on something is.

Glenn did a phone interview on the morning of the Oscar noms and she was beyond overjoyed to be nominated. You could hear it in her voice! She said she’s so incredibly grateful to be “in the room.” And she’ll be absolutely happy for Youn Yuh-jung when she wins. It’ll all be great!

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Oh my god, the fact that people think they know an actor well enough to think they know what their stance on something is.

Glenn did a phone interview on the morning of the Oscar noms and she was beyond overjoyed to be nominated. You could hear it in her voice! She said she’s so incredibly grateful to be “in the room.” And she’ll be absolutely happy for Youn Yuh-jung when she wins. It’ll all be great!

Spill the tea Luca. Glenn sounded so happy on nomination morning. She even laughed at the Razzie nom. Not to mention, how overjoyed she was for Youn at SAG. Such a class act.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It does not shock me at all that people continue to hate on Close as though she killed someone’s pets. Meanwhile, the woman is having the time of her life and celebrating her eighth Oscar nom.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

It does not shock me at all that people continue to hate on Close as though she killed someone’s pets. Meanwhile, the woman is having the time of her life and celebrating her eighth Oscar nom.

This.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

yeah I don’t understand why there is huge hate towards her. I don’t want her to win for HE either and I think if she wasn’t glenn she wouldn’t get nominated for it doesn’t change the fact that she is one of the greatest actors and winning or not winning a stup*d oscar will not change that fact.

in fact, I would rather her to never win an oscar instead of winning one career oscar as pity

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

The British bloc will rally behind Colman as they will do with Hopkins. Minari lacks international support and missed with Youn at AACTA and the Globes. I mean Bakalova made it in there and only won Critics Choice because filmbro pundits rallied behind her .

Minari doesn’t lack international support? Yes they will probably rally behind colman and she could’ve won the bafta if she was nominated but youn won it and that shows she has as much brit support as colman and maybe even more. Her not getting nominated for globe is another mess on the other hand but still doesn’t change her chance for the oscar since they have only one overlapping member with the ampas. also I mean who cares about the globes really? their only point was to set some front runners till now and this year just because they wanted to not deal with more backlash they even failed to do that

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Globes is composed of International members around the world yet their choices in nominations neglect foreign performances and films so often. It always seems like their choices favor Hollywood stars which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but they have 55 members all in different countries. Rosamund Pike for A Private War just had to be nominated over Yalitza Aparicio and Kathy Bates just had to be nominated over Zhao Shuzhen.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

At this point if anyone wins over Yuh-jung Youn with the performance she has, the narrative she has and after she won the two big industry precursors – it would be one of the most racist things the academy has ever done.

Oh shut up

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

A troll with a stupid picture thinking they will accomplish 1/10000000 of what Glenn has done? Groundbreaking

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.