Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh shut up

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

Glenn is enjoying herself this season, just as her last nomination. She probably doesn’t even care about her overdue narrative, she’s happy for the recognition. Let her be!

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    thelowlander
    Topics:
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Brad Pitt has twice the amount of Oscars as that irrelevant in your profile pic.

Imagine being called “filmgeek” thinking Naomi Watts and Glenn Close are irrelevant. Poor Brad deserves better stans!

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Brad Pitt has twice the amount of Oscars as that irrelevant in your profile pic.

Wouldn’t twice zero be zero? If you’re going to attempt lame disses here, at least get your math right!

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I thought she won for Mulholand Drive. I underestimated how much she flopped.

When an underrated talent nominated for multiple Oscars gets called a flop 🤦🏻‍♂️

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Meanwhile, I’d like to take a moment to say how nice it is to see Amanda Seyfried’s down-to-earth interviews – I think she still cannot believe this whole year and career resurrection. I know we tend to think that young white actresses have an easy way in Hollywood, but I feel like she’s different, and often misrepresented & misused in the business. I’m happy she gets to experience the industry support.

Youn will be an absolutely deserving winner, but it’s nice to see someone like Amanda recognized with a nomination as well – let’s hope the new status (“Academy Award-nominee Amanda Seyfried”) will help to continue this wonderful journey. She seems like an absolutely sweet, hard-working person, and she’s just happy to be included.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried should’ve been nominated for First Reformed. I didn’t care about her performance in Mank though.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Why is this thread still going ? Youn is winning. The race is over.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Why is this thread still going ? Youn is winning. The race is over.

Well, boredom and a little bit sense of hope-stanning for miracles.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I hope this is the first award of the night. They usually alternate between this and Supporting Actor. Which one was shown first last year?

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

I hope this is the first award of the night. They usually alternate between this and Supporting Actor. Which one was shown first last year?

It was Supporting Actor last year.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Supporting Actor is usually the first. Don’t think this year will be different unless they try a different approach like in the 2016 ceremony.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Supporting Actor is usually the first. Don’t think this year will be different unless they try a different approach like in the 2016 ceremony.

Not necessarily true. I think it alternates quite a bit between the supporting categories. For instance, the year Regina King won, her category was televised first. Then the following year, she presented Supporting Actor first to Brad Pitt. So, I’m assuming Brad Pitt will present Supporting Actress first. I also remember Octavia Spencer winning her Oscar and it was the first award of the night, then the following year she presented Christoph Waltz with his Oscar as the first trophy of the night.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Not necessarily true.

That’s why I said “usually”

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.