Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

That’s why I said “usually”

Still, it’s not “usual” if Supporting Actress is televised first just as much.

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

Massive stats should Queen Youn Yuh-jung win:

She will be the 3rd oldest Best Supp. Actress winner ever!

She will be the 1st Asian actress to win since Miyoshi Umeki from Sayonara in 1957!

Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

I’ve been seeing Oscar ceremonies since the year Spotlight won, which is admittedly not that long a time. However, since then, I’ve only seen Supporting Actress televised first one time, which was the year Regina King won. I’ve seen Supporting Actor televised first three times (Mahershala Ali for Moonlight, Sam Rockwell, and Brad Pitt). I don’t think you can say that Supporting Actress is televised first “just as much.”

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

A supporting category usually opens the ceremony. I feel like in latter years supporting actress has become more intense so they delay it for the men first. Which never carries the same weight except with Ledger.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m so excited for Youn’s win. I have not been satisfied with this category’s winner since Lupita won in 2014. I loved Viola Davis performance in Fences but Michelle Williams deserved. Davis is still my second favorite supporting actress performance of the past decade though.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’ve been seeing Oscar ceremonies since the year Spotlight won, which is admittedly not that long a time. However, since then, I’ve only seen Supporting Actress televised first one time, which was the year Regina King won. I’ve seen Supporting Actor televised first three times (Mahershala Ali for Moonlight, Sam Rockwell, and Brad Pitt). I don’t think you can say that Supporting Actress is televised first “just as much.”

You named three situations out of 90 something, which is only a small sample size. I named two off the top of my head (King and Spencer). I’m sure there are others. So, yes, I can say “just as much.” Regardless, a supporting category is usually what leads off the night, and I’m hoping it’s supporting actress.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It’s not just as much, at least not in recent years. Supporting Actor opened the ceremony most times this century, specially in the last decade. I know it’s not a big sample size, but it’s the most recent pattern. Supporting Actress could be the first this year, but that’d be the exception rather than the rule for the last two decades.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I hope they start with supporting actor this year. Kaluuya’s win will be a great way to start the ceremony, while Youn’s will feel more special if left for later.

For me I want the opposite – I want to start the show off with Youn winning, which will make me happy, because I don’t like Kaluuya’s performance at all. Youn’s win will likely be the only happiness I get this year and I want the anxiety of someone else’s name being called out of the way right away!!!

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

For me I want the opposite – I want to start the show off with Youn winning, which will make me happy, because I don’t like Kaluuya’s performance at all. Youn’s win will likely be the only happiness I get this year and I want the anxiety of someone else’s name being called out of the way right away!!!

You’re probably the only person that has that odd opinion, so I think most people in the forum would love to start with Kaluuya.

Profile picture
    Rajesh Krishnamuti
    Topics:

I think it’s gonna be a tie between Youn and Glenn. Two grandmas for the win! How great would that be!

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The membership is too big now for a tie in a major category.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Just realized that Brad Pitt is going to read “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bride to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan” while presenting the nominees.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

You’re probably the only person that has that odd opinion, so I think most people in the forum would love to start with Kaluuya.

I wouldn’t mind an upset in supporting actor as long as it’s not Baron Cohen.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

i don’t think they would present a category that heated the first thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.