Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

If Kaluuya lost, I would love for it to be to Raci.

I would be cool if it were Odom Jr or Stanfield… but there is no way in hell SBC deserves this. I just can’t get behind that at all.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The only scenario where Kaluuya could lose would be if the voters decided that since he was going to win anyway they voted for their own personal favorite. imo Stanfield gives the better performance of the two Judas actors. I would be happy with Cohen, Odom, Jr., Raci or Stanfield winning but I just don’t think there is enough passion for any of the four to upset Kaluuya, who is the only performer who has done a complete sweep this year.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

The only scenario where Kaluuya could lose would be if the voters decided that since he was going to win anyway they voted for their own personal favorite. imo Stanfield gives the better performance of the two Judas actors. I would be happy with Cohen, Odom, Jr., Raci or Stanfield winning but I just don’t think there is enough passion for any of the four to upset Kaluuya, who is the only performer who has done a complete sweep this year.

God, I’d be grossed out by Cohen. lol 🙂

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Are y’all really bored discussing this category? Because this turned into the Supporting Actor thread. lol

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Are y’all really bored discussing this category? Because this turned into the Supporting Actor thread. lol

We all know the reason that Kaluuya hate was bought up.

Back to the topic at hand, supporting actress will probs start off first to give a nice start to the proceedings esp with all the asian hate

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Not necessarily true. I think it alternates quite a bit between the supporting categories. For instance, the year Regina King won, her category was televised first. Then the following year, she presented Supporting Actor first to Brad Pitt. So, I’m assuming Brad Pitt will present Supporting Actress first. I also remember Octavia Spencer winning her Oscar and it was the first award of the night, then the following year she presented Christoph Waltz with his Oscar as the first trophy of the night.

Spencer’s category wasn’t first on the night the year she won. Tom Hanks presented some technical awards first up. Both went to Hugo from memory.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Spencer’s category wasn’t first on the night the year she won. Tom Hanks presented some technical awards first up. Both went to Hugo from memory.

You are right! But it was the first acting category presented. Seems like that was the same case with Melissa Leo’s and Alicia Vikander’s wins as well.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Just hoping Youn is safe in the States now and and trust/hope people in charge ensure there’s people watching over her. I completely get why her sons were nervous about her coming to the States with the recent targeted attacks on older Asian individuals.

FYC:

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I think they might present Youn’s category first just to have Brad Pitt kick start the show.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

God, I’d be grossed out by Cohen. lol 🙂

He’s the worst nominee in his category.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

He’s the worst nominee in his category.

No lies detected.

I think they might present Youn’s category first just to have Brad Pitt kick start the show.

I think they’ll start with Kaluuya, aka the easiest acting win of the night.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Speaking of the ceremony I wonder if they will do the montages again like they did last year. I imagine the montage will have a lot of scenes of Youn and Close back to back to highlight the grandma characters in the category lol. Maybe back to back scenes with Borat’s daughter and Olivia Colman for the different daughter parallels too.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Barbra please
    Topics:

I prefer clips for each of the nominees.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I really hope so!!!! I so want this to be the first category of the night! I hope we get a correct order of awards this year since we have had some incorrect ones in the past.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/olivia-colman-talks-marvels-secret-invasion-series-disney-plus-1234739477/

another next project from Colman!! she really is the queen

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.