Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
boredandricho..
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:
    Alan
    Topics:

Olivia getting all of these juicy projects after her Oscar upset, as she should.

Four-time Academy Award winner Frances McDormand

Two-time Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

For the acting categories, I want them to show a montage of previous winners accepting the award (they did it in the 2017 ceremony) or clips from previous winners (made in the 2018 one). Then, presenting each nominee from this year and their corresponding acting clip.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Just saw Minari. Youn deserves to win I guess. She was probably my favorite performance this year aside from Seyfried. I don’t really give a fuck anymore: this Oscar season is so long that I’m completely drained of any ounce of anticipation for it now. Congratulations on getting your Trump-style super spreader event with no masks or Zoom: you all earned it!

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Another Colman project: https://variety.com/2021/film/global/olivia-colman-joyride-sony-pictures-worldwide-entertainment-embankment-1234954299/amp/#click=https://t.co/01NXaR8DoA

“Joyride” is a feel-good, foul-mouthed fairy-tale centering on two lovable rogues. Joy, played by Colman, is pissed off. She’s got a baby and motherhood does not come naturally to her. When she looks in the mirror she sees a train-wreck, and the shadow of her own neglectful mother. Twelve-year-old Mully also has a mom-shaped void in his life, and a dad who is a conman, preying on his innocence.

When Mully decides to run off with his dad’s stash of illicit cash, and steals a taxi in a bid for freedom, he is in for a shock. There’s an almighty yell from the back seat. It’s Joy, hungover and freaking out from having passed out. And she’s holding a baby. Joy and Mully go on the run – a road trip that turns into a riotous, fun adventure, and an opportunity for them to find their true selves.

Pls this project sounds so much like one of the BBC/Channel 4 sitcoms Olivia would do pre Broadchurch.

I need to see it now lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Just saw Minari. Youn deserves to win I guess. She was probably my favorite performance this year aside from Seyfried. I don’t really give a fuck anymore: this Oscar season is so long that I’m completely drained of any ounce of anticipation for it now. Congratulations on getting your Trump-style super spreader event with no masks or Zoom: you all earned it!

Lmao super spreader? Did you see the protocols they have in place on how it’s designed like a movie set? I’ve never had an issue with masks, but c’mon some of you people with the covid stuff…

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Most nominees have been vaccinated, they’ll get tested on the scene, those who traveled from abroad will have to do 10 days of quarantine time, the number of participants has been reduced, and there will be multiple locations and even an online platform for those who don’t want to participate in the flesh. I’d say it’s a pretty well-organized event. I know health and safety are very important, but we gotta understand that it is an absolutely voluntary-based event with the largest possible security protocol.

You are more likely to catch the virus at the store among those who are not at all sure is following the protocol properly.

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

Coleman

*Colman

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Alan
    Topics:

Pls this project sounds so much like one of the BBC/Channel 4 sitcoms Olivia would do pre Broadchurch. I need to see it now lol.

It looks like something that would happen to Sophie after having her baby with Mark in Peep Show lol.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Coleman coming for that marvel vote but she too late https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/olivia-colman-in-talks-to-join-samuel-l-jackson-in-marvels-secret-invasion-exclusive

please it is not that hard to spell colman…

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Finally watched Bacurau and it’s such a shame that Sonia Braga wasn’t apart of the conversation this year.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Youn somehow loses this Sunday who do you guys think would prevail?

So far I have

1. Youn

2. Close

3. Colman

4. Bakalova

5. Seyfried

Admittedly I’m a bit worried for Youn since anonymous ballots are remarking on how everyone is voting for Close this year so I have her in second.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

The only people I could even imagine beating Youn are Close and Bakalova.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

1. Youn

2. Bakalova

3. Close

4. Colman

5. Seyfried

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.