Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 18)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Aimerarrow
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Months and months ago I called it. Glenn was NEVER going to win and without giving a compelling argument, some users to try and shut you down. Well, for the last time, I TOLD YOU SO!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Im glad legend Close didn’t win in a fucking train station in a messy show. She has to win her LEADING OSCAR for SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Dolby and getting standing ovation.

Youn is a class act. I love her too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Thank goodness Close didn’t win for that trash film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/sarasfilter/status/1386515543478439938

Youn makes history with her Oscar win and the press literally ask her what Brad Pitt smells like? The fucking nerve?

Youn literally had to remind them she isn’t a dog who will be smelling Pitt. I love this Queen so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I don’t know how to post photos still lol but there’s this adorable photo of Youn with Frances.

https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1386543032028172289

And another one with her and Daniel. Im just so happy with the winners.

https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1386544616355160065

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

After that whole fiasco of a ceremony and how poorly it was organised towards the end, I’m just gonna say at the very least, our queen Youn Yuh-jung did not disappoint and absolutely ran away with top honours in the speech department (with possibly Thomas Vinterberg close behind).

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be shocked if some people were STILL trying to convince the forum that Glenn Close still has a chance to win.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

My heart is so full. This woman is truly a treasure ♥ And I hope we will be lucky enough to see her again in the future! (She will keep working in her country, of course, but what I mean is another chance to show the world how talented and brilliant she is; btw Youn recently finished filming Apple tv series called Pachinko, based on the book of the same title. The book is amazing and I expect the series to be too.)

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Months and months ago I called it. Glenn was NEVER going to win and without giving a compelling argument, some users to try and shut you down. Well, for the last time, I TOLD YOU SO!

I already said they hate her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Wake me up when Glenn doesn’t star in a razzie nominated flop, and is at least in a movie with other relevant noms (Picture/screenplay, etc.)

The way some of you were convinced for months Glenn was going to win. Do these people not know how voting works in the Academy? We saw it happen in 2019 🙄🙄🙄🙄

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vince Angelo
    Topics:

The irony is that they love Glenn so much to get a nomination but hate her so much to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sorry but Glenn’s chances died in November. You don’t wins unless voters have seen your movie (because it’s a big contender) or you’ve swept. This is why Cotillard, Colman and McDormand have all had “upset wins” and why Davis and Mulligan probably finished in the next two spaces (hard to tell who was second though because on the one hand Davis won SAG but on the other Mulligan’s film won two big BAFTAs and she was in a film that over-performed in nominations).

Won’t be surprised if Seyfried was higher than last.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

btw Youn recently finished filming Apple tv series called Pachinko, based on the book of the same title. The book is amazing and I expect the series to be too

Youn coming for that Emmy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rajesh Krishnamuti
    Topics:

I’m gutted Close loss, but so happy Youn won – Very deserving. Such a sensible speech about how all the nominees were winners in their own right and that she was lucky to have been the chosen one. And in another interview, she said that while winning was nice, getting work was the key to her success. Such an implied testament to the importance of having a career in film, and to the legacy of Glenn Close – she may not have won, but to be in the ‘room’ and still locking in nominations at the age 74, is a career is many would die for.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.