Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 18)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Aimerarrow
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Appreciation post for this gorgeous and extremely underrated British lady. Hopefully, a Future Academy Award Nominee (at least)!

Also, I will use this post to say, overall it was fun to discuss this season with you. Not that anyone cares, but I’m going to take a break from the forum. Will be back in a few months when I’m going to root for the witch who stole my heart. See you!

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

What is this random Glenn bashing from certain users? Girl was NEVER winning. That was like pretty obvious. Lets just enjoy Youn’s Oscar win, the best of the night, and the huge respect and admiration both Youn and Glenn have for each other.

Also, lets all thank together Legends Glennie and Youn, for saving that disaster of a ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pls what is this. Amanda is coming for her Oscar lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COG_myGDg5z/

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Just leaving these two queens praying here. Hope Huppert will collect her overdue Oscar one day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Youn’s speech was the best of the night (“Oh Mr Brad Pitt, nice to meet you. Where were you on set when we were filming?”). Fennell and Vinterberg are joint second for me.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Hope Huppert will collect her overdue Oscar one day.

When Florian Zeller adapts The Mother

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I’m gutted Close loss, but so happy Youn won – Very deserving. Such a sensible speech about how all the nominees were winners in their own right and that she was lucky to have been the chosen one. And in another interview, she said that while winning was nice, getting work was the key to her success. Such an implied testament to the importance of having a career in film, and to the legacy of Glenn Close – she may not have won, but to be in the ‘room’ and still locking in nominations at the age 74, is a career is many would die for.

Close knew she was losing going in. Which is way different than having reasonable expectations that you’ll win (The Wife).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rajesh Krishnamuti
    Topics:

Close knew she was losing going in. Which is way different than having reasonable expectations that you’ll win (The Wife).

Yes I know – but that wasn’t the point of my post.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Yep. If so, she shows she’s a pro.

If only (really) few of her delusional stans learnt about that instead inventing failed theories justifying as argument a simple wish.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The irony is that they love Glenn so much to get a nomination but hate her so much to win.

A Best Picture contender would be her Oscar winning moment. As evidenced in recent history, voters do not care about overdue narratives or sentiments. They want an excellent performance in an excellent movie. Period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I might’ve disliked Hillbilly Elegy but Glenn Close is so damn endearing & likable. Her doing “the butt” was the best moment of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.