Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 456 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 2 is now open.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glenn right now:

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Since there’s no real critics favourite right now, I wonder if they make a push for Maria Baklova.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d argue Colman might be the critics push. She’s getting raves for The Father and I feel like critics are a bit snobbish to push Bakalova.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Fuck it, I’m putting my energy in for a shock Bakalova Oscar nomination. Supporting Actress can be friendly to comedic roles for women moreso than lead, and Borat 2 is a movie being talked about as well as Bakalova especially. Amazon’s got two awards contenders with One Night in Miami and this performance for Borat 2.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amazon’s got two awards contenders with One Night in Miami and this performance for Borat 2.

Riz Ahmed…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’d argue Colman might be the critics push. She’s getting raves for The Father and I feel like critics are a bit snobbish to push Bakalova.

Critics are actually extremely open minded. They don’t care about the genre of your movie. If your performance is THAT good, they’ll vote for you.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Critics are actually extremely open minded. They don’t care about the genre of your movie. If your performance is THAT good, they’ll vote for you.

Yup. I mentioned Adam Sandler elsewhere but he’s relevant here too – he overcame a ton of ‘Adam Sandler only makes crappy comedies’ bias last year because the critics recognised the performance for what it was, which was brilliant, and didn’t take any of that other stuff into account.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Yup. I mentioned Adam Sandler elsewhere but he’s relevant here too – he overcame a ton of ‘Adam Sandler only makes crappy comedies’ bias last year because the critics recognised the performance for what it was, which was brilliant, and didn’t take any of that other stuff into account.

It also likely didn’t help that fellow Razzie favourites Eddie Murphy & Jennifer Lopez were in contention as well. Going by the honest ballots, it seemed if one of the three were in contention that would’ve been fine but all three at the same time was too much for older members like Terry Moore to handle.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’d be surprised if Maria Bakalova was nominated when Sasha Baron Cohen stands no chance at a nom for Borat 2. Plus it doesn’t seem like a very Oscar-friendly performance. Borat 2 will probably just get an Adapted Screenplay nom like the first one and be snubbed everywhere else.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1: Glenn Close

2: Amanda Seyfried

3: Olivia Colman

4: Saoirse Ronan

5: Lily Collins

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy)
    2. Olivia Colman (The Father)
    3. Amanda Seyfried (Mank)
    4. Saoirse Roman (Ammonite)
    5. Helena Zengel (News of the World)

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I’d be surprised if Maria Bakalova was nominated when Sasha Baron Cohen stands no chance at a nom for Borat 2. Plus it doesn’t seem like a very Oscar-friendly performance. Borat 2 will probably just get an Adapted Screenplay nom like the first one and be snubbed everywhere else.

I don’t think Bakalova is getting Oscar-nominated, but if anything she’s a more likely nominee for the Borat sequel than adapted screenplay when the field for that category is quite full and the film’s critical reception wasn’t nearly as high as the original. A makeup nod à la Bad Grandpa isn’t out of the question either, especially as its makeup team has three Oscar-winners.

As a side note, I’ll be disappointed if Bakalova doesn’t win at least one major critics award, LAFCA probably being the most likely.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

when the field for that category is quite full

Not really. Ma Rainey, One Night in Miami, Nomadland, and The Father are locks but there’s no solid 5th place. News of the World feels like a below-the-line contender that coattails into Picture and Flopbilly Elegy with it’s trash “Good Terminator, Bad Terminator, Neutral Terminator” screenplay will miss.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Not really. Ma Rainey, One Night in Miami, Nomadland, and The Father are locks but there’s no solid 5th place. News of the World feels like a below-the-line contender that coattails into Picture and Flopbilly Elegy with it’s trash “Good Terminator, Bad Terminator, Neutral Terminator” screenplay will miss.

I’d say I’m thinking of ending things got more chance at getting that 5th spot than Borat 2. I have News of the world in now but that could change if it flops, and I don’t know how writers will react to Hillbilly Elegy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.