Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 456 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The last two slots here are up for grabs. Colman, Close and Seyfried are locked regardless. I have Burstyn and Collins in next but there are some contenders I think we’re underestimating. For example I think at the Globes especially two time Academy Award nominee Debra Winger is being underestimated. Haven’t seen Kajillionaire yet but she’s receiving great reviews, her film is produced by Brad Pitt and I’ve read she’s Focus Features’ main push in this category (poor Miranda Hart).

Really any of Burstyn, Collins, Ronan, Shaw, Winger, Williams and Bakalova even could get those last two slots.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The only PoC with a chance in this category, as of now, is the grandma from Minari.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I mean who are the other people of colour competing in this category? Just a genuine question?

Octavia Spencer is not getting nominated for The Witches

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

LOL it’s not THAT bad. Definitely giving 90’s realness.

Some bizarre Dawson’s Creek vibes.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The last two slots will go to WOC: a brown and one black. Wait till February to know who are these two.

“A brown”?

Nice.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Lily Collins is not getting nominated. Seyfried will dominate the Mank S Actress conversation.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

1. Amanda Seyfried (Mank)
    2. Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy)
    3. Olivia Colman (The Father)
    4. Youn Yhu-jung (Minari)
    5. Saoirse Ronan (Ammonite)

Next in line:
    Ellen Burstyn (Pieces Of A Woman)
    Nicole Kidman (The Prom)
    Lily Collins (Mank)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lily Collins is not getting nominated. Seyfried will dominate the Mank S Actress conversation.

Seyfried will dominate and she does seem to be the only Mank cast member who is win competitive but in such an empty year and with Mank probably being the film with the most nominations this year we shouldn’t rule out the possibility of her coat tailing. It could very well be that the last slot goes to either her or Olivia Williams (The Father).

With regards to Williams it might be worth mentioning that she is having a leading role on the new HBO series The Nevers which looks like it’s airing around February-ish. Of course this doesn’t mean she’s getting nominated but it might increase individual buzz for her nearer the Oscars like Olivia Colman’s casting in The Crown did or Laura Dern’s performance in Big Little Lies season 2 did. I’m not expecting or predicting Williams to be close to the win whatsoever but it could help her get a coattail nom.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

For example I think at the Globes especially two time Academy Award nominee Debra Winger is being underestimated.

Well I saw the film and I can tell you. She’s not getting nominated.

Yes, the last two spots are up for grabs but there not many people in line either. There’s like 5 people at most I can see being competitive for those final spots.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I agree with Close, Seyfried and Colman (the final two specifically) being locked. I still think Ronan is getting in now that I’m less confident in Collins. And for the fifth spot it’s going to be a battle of the grandmas in my opinion, Youn vs Burstyn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well I saw the film and I can tell you. She’s not getting nominated.

Thanks for the clarification! Those lying critics lol.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Thanks for the clarification! Those lying critics lol.

I mean I get why they would praise her but her role is small. Gina Rodriguez probably would have a better chance of getting in but she’s not happening either.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I mean I get why they would praise her but her role is small. Gina Rodriguez probably would have a better chance of getting in but she’s not happening either.

I guess I’m going to take her out of my SAG predictions.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

lol as if she ever stood a chance and you people pretend to know to predict the Oscars pls

SAG is usually a mess and they always nominate a non Oscar nominee in this category. Also, supporting actress is just as empty as a brick wall. I can predict whoever I want lol.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

The last two slots here are up for grabs. Colman, Close and Seyfried are locked regardless. I have Burstyn and Collins in next but there are some contenders I think we’re underestimating. For example I think at the Globes especially two time Academy Award nominee Debra Winger is being underestimated. Haven’t seen Kajillionaire yet but she’s receiving great reviews, her film is produced by Brad Pitt and I’ve read she’s Focus Features’ main push in this category (poor Miranda Hart).

Really any of Burstyn, Collins, Ronan, Shaw, Winger, Williams and Bakalova even could get those last two slots.

Winger is a three-time nominee. She was in the best actress category for Shadowlands in 1993.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.