Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 456 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Haven’t seen Kajillionaire yet but she’s receiving great reviews, her film is produced by Brad Pitt and I’ve read she’s Focus Features’ main push in this category (poor Miranda Hart).[/quote

Winger is great in Kajillionaire but she doesn’t have THE scene that could translate into an Oscar nomination. For me the supporting role that steals the show is the one played by Gina Rodriguez.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Seyfried
    4. Burstyn
    5. Youn

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I mean I get why they would praise her but her role is small. Gina Rodriguez probably would have a better chance of getting in but she’s not happening either.

Winger is great in Kajillionaire but she doesn’t have THE scene that could translate into an Oscar nomination. For me the supporting role that steals the show is the one played by Gina Rodriguez.

I’d die if Gina got an Oscar nomination before she got an Emmy nom.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way even if Hustlers was released this year J-Lo still wouldn’t happen…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Yeah I mean who are the other people of colour competing in this category? Just a genuine question?

From the prediction centre

7. Youn Yhu-jung, Minari
    11. Priyanka Chopra, The White Tiger
    16. Janelle Monae, The Glorias
    21. Laverne Cox, Promising Young Woman
    27. Lauren Patel, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
    28. Kerry Washington, The Prom
    30. Tiffany Haddish, The Card Counter

If Disney can get Hamilton in then Renee Elise Goldsberry should be a real threat for a nomination.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The way even if Hustlers was released this year J-Lo still wouldn’t happen…

The field was already wide open last year. They just don’t like her

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

16. Janelle Monae, The Glorias 21. Laverne Cox, Promising Young Woman 27. Lauren Patel, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie 28. Kerry Washington, The Prom

There is practically no way any of these happen (unless The Prom becomes a super acclaimed hit and Washington has a big enough role).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I agree, the J. Lo snub was absolutely intentional. I do remember though how people were saying that she could win over Laura Dern at one point. Ah, those days…

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I agree, the J. Lo snub was absolutely intentional. I do remember though how people were saying that she could win over Laura Dern at one point. Ah, those days…

I never believed even one second she could win anything over Dern, not even the Globe like many were predicting. You just cannot erase decades of critically panned ventures with a role that is nowhere near Oscar bait in a movie that the Academy wasn’t likely to embrace

I didn’t predict her for the Oscar nom until she got in at SAG. But I wasn’t surprised when she was ultimately left out

At least she won LAFCA and the Satellite, good for her !

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I never believed even one second she could win anything over Dern, not even the Globe like many were predicting. You just cannot erase decades of critically panned ventures with a role that is nowhere near Oscar bait in a movie that the Academy wasn’t likely to embrace I didn’t predict her for the Oscar nom until she got in at SAG. But I wasn’t surprised when she was ultimately left out At least she won LAFCA and the Satellite, good for her !

I also didn’t buy that J. Lo would win the Golden Globe over Laura Dern. I’m personally glad I didn’t fall for that trap.

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

I was laughing when people were saying J Lo was a lock for that nom. That snub was obvious as hell 💀

Profile picture
    Jojo Betzler
    Topics:

From the prediction centre 7. Youn Yhu-jung, Minari 11. Priyanka Chopra, The White Tiger 16. Janelle Monae, The Glorias 21. Laverne Cox, Promising Young Woman 27. Lauren Patel, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie 28. Kerry Washington, The Prom 30. Tiffany Haddish, The Card Counter If Disney can get Hamilton in then Renee Elise Goldsberry should be a real threat for a nomination.

Dominique Fishback for Judas isn’t on the prediction center list but she’s worth considering.

Profile picture
    Lj
    Topics:

Dominique Fishback for Judas isn’t on the prediction center list but she’s worth considering.

Yes I totally agree, she could be a dark horse in the race and could surprise a lot of people.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This. Bombshell ended up wilting by the end & Bates was only nominee in a no1curr movie.

J.Lo that entire season was arguable Dern’s only real competitor for the win and still ended up arguably 8th at best.

01. Dern
    02. Johansson
    03. Pugh
    04. Robbie (Bombshell)
    05. Robbie (Once Upon a Time)
    — BAFTA 5 was likely Oscar 5 but Bates got in because of the no-double nom rule.
    06. Bates
    07. Shuzhen
    08. Lopez
    09. Kidman
    10. Bening

Shuzhen won the Spirit over Lope and only made it in Critics Choice in extended field, was likely 6th-8th everywhere else too)

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I never believed even one second she could win anything over Dern, not even the Globe like many were predicting. You just cannot erase decades of critically panned ventures with a role that is nowhere near Oscar bait in a movie that the Academy wasn’t likely to embrace I didn’t predict her for the Oscar nom until she got in at SAG. But I wasn’t surprised when she was ultimately left out At least she won LAFCA and the Satellite, good for her !

I agree with everything here. I was happy to see her snubbed, as I couldn’t stand her fans saying how she could upset Dern the whole race. Dern was a lock. She shouldn’t have been nominated, but her win was never in doubt.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.