Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 445 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
John Berchmans

• marty
    Topics:

Sorry but I don’t believe she’ll have her “lead crowning moment of glory”, it is what it is.

Ok? Good for you. I’m not going to harangue you for thinking.

Manuelcolon
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried is being called “best part of Mank”, “standout” and “scene stealer” so she would have won without Glenn in contention this year. Colman fans/Britishers are so delusional. They really think only Britishers deserve everything. No doubt Britishers think their barbaric 200 year colonization of India was their birthright.

What the hell, how am i a britisher? I’m a 24 years old guy that lives in Venezuela.

I am in any way saying anything about anything British or about Colman being the most deserving.

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m finding these accusations that people mentioning Colman’s name are “colonial Britishers” bizarre largely because there is no such thing as a “Britisher” and also because as far as I’m aware not even people who are fans of Colman on here are rooting for her to win (I’m neither a Colman fan or rooting for her to win).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Butz
    Topics:

I’m finding these accusations that people mentioning Colman’s name are “colonial Britishers” bizarre largely because there is no such thing as a “Britisher” and also because as far as I’m aware not even people who are fans of Colman on here are rooting for her to win (I’m neither a Colman fan or rooting for her to win).

These are obviously trolls

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Fletcher
    Topics:

🚨 Amanda Seyfried #Mank buzz report 🚨
    @IndieWire “Superb, works wonders”
    @DEADLINE “Best work of her career”
    @Variety “An indelible resonance”
    @AP “Outstanding”
    @USATODAY “Career-best performance”
    @empiremagazine “A career-best”
    @IGN “So good…nearly saves this flick

Magnus
    Topics:

🚨 Amanda Seyfried #Mank buzz report 🚨
    @IndieWire “Superb, works wonders”
    @DEADLINE “Best work of her career”
    @Variety “An indelible resonance”
    @AP “Outstanding”
    @USATODAY “Career-best performance”
    @empiremagazine “A career-best”

Had her at number 2 for so long… glad it’s paying off :).svg” class=”emoji”

FYC
    Picture: Dune
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Sup. Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Original: The Worst Person in the World
    Adapted: The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography/Editing/Score/Production Design/Sound: Dune
    Costumes: Cruella
    Animated/Doc: Flee
    International Feature: The Worst Person in the World

Fletcher
    Topics:

AMANDA SZN!

The film also explores Mank’s relationship with Marion Davies (played with heavenly gusto by Amanda Seyfried) – uproxx

‘’ Seyfried is incredible, her Davies capturing that mixture of sophisticated intelligence and bubbly effervescence that Davies herself had. It’s the kind of turn that Marilyn Monroe would be proud of.’’ – consequence of sound

Seyfried, too frequently underutilized these days, manages to capture the duality of Marion’s existence: She’s aware of the frivolity of her existence under Hearst’s thumb, but she’s unwilling to give up those luxuries. – thrillist

Marion Davies (played by the incredible Amanda Seyfried). If Fincher’s Mank is a reclamation project for anyone, it’s for her. The screenwriter and ingénue share an unlikely bond: They are so much more intelligent than they’re given credit for, especially Davies. And Seyfriend is so good at protecting this thankless character.- IGN

Marion Davies, played by Amanda Seyfriend, in a potentially Oscar-worthy part (the resemblance between her and Davies is uncanny). – joblo

Amanda Seyfried gives a career-best performance as Marion Davies, a media mogul’s mistress with more sense than she lets on. – watchtowatch

The rest of the cast is uniformly perfect, as one would expect from a Fincher film, but Seyfried is the standout with her thick Brooklyn accent. – denofgeek

Historians who’ve insisted Citizen Kane’s Susan Alexander is a cruel and unfair fictional analog of Marion Davies will be much happier with Amanda Seyfriend’s warm, sensitive Marion – screencrush

Cinema’s resident muse, Amanda Seyfried, imbues Davies with joy, intelligence and a steely compassion that goes a long way towards rescuing the screen star from the skewering she received in Kane. In this way and others, the film feels like a gift from Mankiewicz to Davies from beyond the grave. – observer

Davies (an outstanding Amanda Seyfried) – apnews

Marion Davies (played here with plucky, lemur-eyed vulnerability by Amanda Seyfried) – EW

Fincher has pulled together an impressive supporting cast around him, especially Seyfried in a career-best performance. The actress, seemingly in a breakthrough dramatic role, superbly inhabits a starlet wanting a career makeover but whose smarts and talent are underestimated by the men around her, with Mank as the one exception – USA today

A career-best Amanda Seyfried plays Davies as a worldly woman, smarter than she lets on, fully in control of her persona, who becomes a like-mind for Mank to hang on to (listen as she slips into her own Brooklyn accent around the writer). From walking around Hearst’s zoological gardens (a dead spit for Kane’s Xanadu) discussing her range, to pleading with Mank to go easy on Hearst in his script, Seyfried confirms her dramatic chops in every moment. – empireonline

The mix of sass, sweetness and shrewd self-preservation in Seyfried’s lovely characterization makes their handful of scenes together the warmest moments in a movie that mostly unfolds at a distance — aesthetically ravishing but emotionally remote. – hollywood reporter

Amanda Seyfried, as Marion Davies, is by far the most human presence, the closest to a lifeblood – thefilmstage

”The critique took a personal turn, with Mankiewicz integrating Hearst’s romance with the much younger starlet Marion Davies (a superb Amanda Seyfried) – indiewire

though it’s Seyfried’s Davies who makes the biggest impression. It’s the best thing she’s done in her career.- scmp

Mank keeps insisting that the feckless Susan Alexander character isn’t based on Davies, but rather on the public perception of her, and Seyfried’s performance is a lovely testament to the role’s inspiration, a woman who was by all accounts charming, funny, and intelligent. – thewrap

The performances are sharp, witty, and lived-in, and several of the actors have an indelible resonance — notably Amanda Seyfried, who plays Marion with the Brooklyn kewpie-doll sparkle of a woman who likes herself but knows just how the game is played (the difference between Marion and the “Kane” character Mankiewicz based on her, the talentless and despondent Susan Alexander, is so marked it’s the essence of creative license with a tinge of personal betrayal) – variety

The actress Marion Davies (a terrific, underused Amanda Seyfried) – LAtimes

Brooklyn dolly mistress Marion Davies (a sublime Amanda Seyfried) – ABC news

Seyfried makes a fabulous Davies, beautifully conveying the character’s wit, intelligence, and savvy self-awareness; her duets with Oldman are among the picture’s highlights, as these two seemingly mismatched actors find the rhythm and screwball snap of their dialogue, and explore the complexity of this unusual relationship. – the playlist

Mank is cozy with Hearst’s mistress, actress Marion Davies, played with just the right mix of ditziness and secret smarts by a glowing Amanda Seyfried. – slashfilm

The actors, and the ever talented Ms. Seyfried, have to play these people both as people of the time are played, but also as actors of the time played them. The dual task requires a mix of exaggerated gesturing, of dry verbiage, and of at times overly dramatic theatrics. Everyone in the cast is brilliant in this sense and a delight to observe. – splash report

Seyfried will likely garner awards attention for her charming, vibrant but quietly melancholy Marion Davies, a figure often dismissed from Hollywood history due to Mank’s perceived portrayal of her – mirroruk

As actress Marion Davies, Amanda Seyfried enters the picture looking like Madonna in “Express Yourself” and sounding like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. “Aw, nerts!” should re-enter the lexicon immediately. She is positively luminous as Davies and at the perfect place in her career for a role like this. Seyfried is loose and feisty, girlish and mature and it’s a balanced and grounded performance that opens up our understanding of Davies as so much more than William Randolph Hearst’s mistress and the butt of the joke in Citizen Kane. Her awards-worthy performance is likely to score her a well earned Oscar nomination. Ozark‘s Tom Pelphrey, as Herman’s brother Joe, is deeply effective as a sympathetic and more cogent representative of the Mankiewicz brand and, like Seyfried, feels perfect in this period. He could have been a huge star in the 1930s with a performance like this. – awards watch

Amanda Seyfried is a wonderful scene-stealer. Her Brooklyn-tinged charm is effortless, and a wonderful complexity is provided in the realization that Marion Davies, who was Hearst’s mistress, was partial inspiration for the tragic Susan Alexander Kane in Citizen Kane. – cinema blend

shrader_loc
    Topics:

Poor Glenda

Fletcher
    Topics:

have y’all watched “His House”? probably Wunmi Mosaku will deliver one of the best supporting performances of the year and it won’t even be considered.

JackO
    Topics:

Good for Seyfried but is this really what you want critics to say about you? Sounds like a backhanded compliment.

Miles
    Topics:

Glenn Close better be amazing in Hillbilly Elegy because it sounds like Amanda Seyfreid’s performance is what supporting acting Oscars are made for, and I don’t want her losing to a career award.

Derp Boy
    Topics:

I would take IGN’s reviews with grain of salt as much as Slate’s.

"We will always have Paris"

Cordelia
    Topics:

I would take IGN’s reviews with grain of salt as much as Slate’s.

They’re a gaming news website first and foremost and not even one of the better ones. Their film criticism is shallow.

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

M: The Original
    Topics:

Glenn Close better be amazing in Hillbilly Elegy because it sounds like Amanda Seyfreid’s performance is what supporting acting Oscars are made for, and I don’t want her losing to a career award.

I don’t give a fuck. This is Glenn’s period. The starlet can wait. Glenn Close cannot. Early 70s and amassed enough win worthy nominations to justify it defaulting to her just to make the pain stop.

Bassett
    Topics:

I don’t give a fuck. This is Glenn’s period. The starlet can wait. Glenn Close cannot. Early 70s and amassed enough win worthy nominations to justify it defaulting to her just to make the pain stop.

Exactly nnn

FYC

AOTY - Renaissance

Best Actress - Michelle Yeoh, Danielle Deadwyler

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.