Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 456 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can already feel the Globes screwing Close and Seyfried over by giving Colman Supporting Actress alongside Actress in a Drama Series.

Not like it means neither Close or Seyfried are winning though. I still think Close can win (after all the Globes did award Winslet supporting and she still lost the Oscar to Vikander).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 7 PREDICTIONS

Best Supporting Actress

1. Olivia Colman (The Father)
    2. Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy)
    3. Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    4. Amanda Seyfried (Mank)
    5. Saoirse Ronan (Ammonite)
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

We don’t even know the context of this ‘good terminator, bad terminator’ line, but it sounds like just some quirky metaphor used by Glenn Close’s character. Did she say it in real life? Is it in the book? I don’t know, but I’m loathe to consider it as evidence of the supposed crappiness of Hillbilly Elegy – not yet, anyway.

Literally no one speaks like that in real life. No one. That line is movie-speak at it’s absolute worst.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Erik Anderson from AwardsWatch gave Hillbilly Elegy 3 stars out 5. And there’s another critic that gave it a 4 out 5. So… I don’t think the movie is bad.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Erik Anderson from AwardsWatch gave Hillbilly Elegy 3 stars out 5. So… I don’t think the movie is bad. And there’s another critic that gave it a 4 out 5.

Yea I heard it’s not bad and it’s actually receiving mixed reviews from screeners. Last week I heard critics mentioning that this can get rather a lot of nominations including bp and then you had other critics say the film was downright “bad.”

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yea I heard it’s not bad and it’s actually receiving mixed reviews from screeners. Last week I heard critics mentioning that this can get rather a lot of nominations including bp and then you had other critics say the film was downright “bad.”

Yeah, I think Anne Thompson was absolutely right. This is the type of movie that’s going to divide critics but audiences will love it. I think this will get a 40-50 MC score and around 60-70 on RT.

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

What’s the likelihood that Saoirse gets in and Winslet doesn’t? Are they a packaged deal?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

What’s the likelihood that Saoirse gets in and Winslet doesn’t? Are they a packaged deal?

I think Saoirse relies a lot on how the movie and Winslet do with award bodies. Her reviews weren’t nearly as strong as Winslet and the movie is well received but not acclaimed. Right now, I would say her odds aren’t looking good.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Supporting actress is completely open right now, Saoirse has a good chance of happening even if Winslet doesn’t.

Olivia is the only “lock”, Glenn probably is too and Amanda is most likely getting in. There are two spots left which, in my opinion, are going to go to one of Burstyn, Collins, Ronan, or Zengel. (In no specific order)

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Literally no one speaks like that in real life. No one. That line is movie-speak at it’s absolute worst.

My life experience has taught me that real-life dialogue can sometimes be more weirdly specific and unrelatable than movie dialogue. True, attempts to recapture that can seem jarring on film, especially if it doesn’t mesh with the overall tone, but my point is, for all I know this person really did say this. I’d be interested to know if it’s in the book.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about the matter.

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

You guys are being so extra about that god damn line.. Grandmas say cringey shit all the time

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Hillbilly Elegy

where can I read the review ? Cant find it

Profile picture
    dinasztie
    Topics:

I don’t think it needs further explaining about Glenn Close. At this point, I just don’t see why people can’t leave this poor woman alone and enjoy her bone she’s going to be thrown in Supporting. Some people are just downright cruel. I really don’t quite understand how some people can deliberately wish ill for a person they don’t even f-ing know, for let’s be honest, beating Lady Gaga at the Globes (let’s be honest, half of these obsessed Colman stans started with another “favourite”). I wanted Glenn to win back then, but if she had, I would wish nothing but the best for Colman in The Father, I would even stan for her.

Leave Glenn alone. Let her enjoy her time in the sun and go on arguing about Best Actress – there’s way more to be fight about there.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

where can I read the review ? Cant find it

Letterbox. Erik didn’t do a review since the movie is still under embargo. The other critic did a review though (probably forgot about it).

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Zero.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 456 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.