Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Glenn doesn’t win Oscars. Contemporary history shows her project choices won’t give her that.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I’m not joking, however I do understand why some of course don’t believe she is getting nominated. I could be wrong, but I think she has a fair shot.

Mmm, so you were serious?
    Yeah, girl is not even getting the Zoom code for the virtual Oscar session.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

lovato’s narrative feels undeniable to me

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

lovato’s narrative feels undeniable to me

She did something no one else in contention this year accomplished in terms of acting challenge. Such an arc.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

Would buy a Lovato nomination in a weaker year, if ESOFS got better reviews, Americans knew more about the contest, if Lovato had a more solid acting career….i.e I’m not buying this at all. Least we know one contender Glenn is definitely stronger than in terms of nomination chances.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I still think Olivia Colman will be a filler. The race is between Amanda and Glenn for sure. If Glenn wins the Globe, I think it’s over, she’s sweeping.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

he would be the least acclaimed actress nominated film in many years. a win just out of career pity would be…something

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Academy Award nominee Demi Lovato… what have some people been smoking?

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The Father ain’t getting 2 supporting actress nods tf. Y’all did the same thing with Pieces of a Woman days ago. They could sneak in at BAFTA but that’s about it.

Out of interest (I must’ve missed this), which second supporting actress were people pushing from Pieces of a Woman?

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Out of interest (I must’ve missed this), which second supporting actress were people pushing from Pieces of a Woman?

Wolfali was trying to make Molly Parker a thing.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Wolfali was trying to make Molly Parker a thing.

Wow 💀 I love Molly but the role is way too small, especially for a film unlikely to gain enough traction for a Best Picture nom.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the ways lots of films are flopping this year I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Pieces of a Woman slipped into Best Picture. I’m serious! I’m not predicting it to happen but I wouldn’t be surprised either.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still think Olivia Colman Glenn Close will be a filler. The race is between Amanda and Glenn Olivia for sure. If Glenn Olivia wins the Globe, I think it’s over, she’s sweeping.

Fixed it for you!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

With the ways lots of films are flopping this year I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Pieces of a Woman slipped into Best Picture. I’m serious! I’m not predicting it to happen but I wouldn’t be surprised either.

That is definitely not happening. There are like 10 different films voters will go for before they resort to picking Poaw.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That is definitely not happening. There are like 10 different films voters will go for before they resort to picking Poaw.

Okay cynic.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.