Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    lukee3
    Topics:

What we’re not going to do is bully fans of Close’s performance. If they liked it why should they get over it? You get over it.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

What we’re not going to do is bully fans of Close’s performance. If they liked it why should they get over it? You get over it.

Nah.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I mean, people shouldn’t be bullied over their taste, but unfortunately, that’s not how this site works.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Anyway, I’ll eat some crow for now but I moved Close back into my predictions (at 5th).

This category feels extremely open and I don’t see people like Bakalova or Zengel making it. I’m somewhat confident in my top 3 (Colman, Seyfried, Burstyn) but after them, anything can happen. I also feel like taking out Ronan, at least for now.

Here are my updated predictions:
    1. Olivia Colman, the Father
    2. Amanda Seyfried, Mank
    3. Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman
    4. Youn Yuh-jung, Minari
    5. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m somewhat confident in my top 3 (Colman, Seyfried, Burstyn) but after them, anything can happen.

Same. I just don’t see them missing. I mean with Burstyn potentially being the oldest actor ever nominated why would the Academy miss out on the opportunity? Especially considering they’ll probably watch the film and nominate Kirby.

Colman and Seyfried are locks. Their films are too strong and they’re the frontrunners.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Anyway, I’ll eat some crow for now but I moved Close back into my predictions (at 5th). This category feels extremely open and I don’t see people like Bakalova or Zengel making it. I’m somewhat confident in my top 3 (Colman, Seyfried, Burstyn) but after them, anything can happen. I also feel like taking out Ronan, at least for now. Here are my updated predictions: 1. Olivia Colman, the Father 2. Amanda Seyfried, Mank 3. Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman 4. Youn Yuh-jung, Minari 5. Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

This is the lineup I’m predicting, too.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I am very confident in Helena Zengel and News of the World in general but it seems like many others aren’t. Genuinely wondering: why are people so skeptical about the film’s chances?

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I am very confident in Helena Zengel and News of the World in general but it seems like many others aren’t. Genuinely wondering: why are people so skeptical about the film’s chances?

Frankly, because of the description on Wikipedia, I have no interest in watching it; another white-centric Civil War film.

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

This thread is a bit ridiculous in places… I appreciate everyone’s passion, but I’m pretty confident 99.9% of the posters in the forums here are not members of any industry award voting entity. The buzz in these forums, twitter and random blogs rarely affects what the people actually vote for. They vote on what they watch and enjoy. And I will say this, everyone I know who actually votes (like me) and has watched “Hillbilly” has unequivocally praised Close’s performance (whether they like the film or not). She’s in and will have strong support from SAG and the Acting branch. Is that enough to win? Who knows, but a nomination is certain and deserved.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I know who actually votes (like me) and has watched “Hillbilly” has unequivocally praised Close’s performance (whether they like the film or not). She’s in and will have strong support from SAG and the Acting branch. Is that enough to win? Who knows, but a nomination is certain and deserved.

All of this.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

It could be seen as an old-fashioned creaky western and might not play so well on a small screen at home, which is how most people will most likely watch it. This is also seemingly quite a change of pace for Paul Greengrass. Still, it could be this year’s True Grit amid flashier competition, and if so then Zengel can easily be nominated à la Hailee Steinfeld. But she doesn’t make sense to me as a contender without her film being recognised across the board.

Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

This thread is a bit ridiculous in places… I appreciate everyone’s passion, but I’m pretty confident 99.9% of the posters in the forums here are not members of any industry award voting entity. The buzz in these forums, twitter and random blogs rarely affects what the people actually vote for. They vote on what they watch and enjoy. And I will say this, everyone I know who actually votes (like me) and has watched “Hillbilly” has unequivocally praised Close’s performance (whether they like the film or not). She’s in and will have strong support from SAG and the Acting branch. Is that enough to win? Who knows, but a nomination is certain and deserved.

Your voting rights should be revoked.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

All of this.

You think a nomination is certain?

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Your voting rights should be revoked.

If they had them at all. It’s too easy to lie and pretend to be a voter on here. This happens every year and every time people believe their words as if it’s gospel rather than trolling.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You think a nomination is certain?

Maybe not 100%, but pretty close to that, yes. I’ve seen the movie and I’ve come to the realization that critics and everyone else who canceled the movie before it even came out are actually just doing it a favor, because their hatred of it has both kept it in the conversation (and will keep it in the conversation) and set the expectations so low that a number of people come out of the movie with a, “That wasn’t half as bad as I expected.” If I’m wrong, everyone can laugh at me, but I’m keeping Glenn at #1.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.