Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Good point. Barkhad Abdi was also a newcomer. The problem is that Helena Zengel is a kid. I don’t know if a child performance could get in without the adult co-star getting nominated as well.

</p>
    Saoirse Ronan.

However, Atonement was a big success awardwise. It won BAFTA over No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. Unfortunately, I can’t see News of the World became a major contender, so it will be harder for Zengel to be given a nod.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

people desperate to make zengel happen. zengel aint never gonna happen.

Profile picture
    Pranksalot
    Topics:

Dec 1 predictions

Amanda Seyfried

Olivia Colman

Ellen Burstyn

Saoirse Ronan

—I still think these are the four ladies that will be nominated even after gauging the reactions from the prom, and hillybilly (esp after its release). My opinion of course. I’m not going to calculate on movies that haven’t had reactions. I still don’t have any idea for the fifth slot.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried

Olivia Colman

Ellen Burstyn

Glenn Close

Saoirse Ronan/Jodie Foster

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried

Olivia Colman

Ellen Burstyn

Helena Zengel

Yuh-Jung Youn

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m a News of the World pessimist but why are people ruling out Zengel? I personally never saw Hanks happening but her reviews are good enough to get in (even at the Globes who I feel won’t take a liking to her film outside her performance).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see how Glenn Close doesn’t win if nominated at this point and I don’t see how she misses esp with the weakness of this category. I mean this will most definitely open more doors for Amanda Seyfried and she doesn’t actually screams undeniable winner, she’s the frontrunner only because HE tanked with critics.

I would say it’s pretty easy to see how she doesn’t win. There’s a lot unanswered about how the rest of the field takes shape, but she’s in a movie that got absolutely drubbed and has negative momentum; this is a much worse vehicle for a career award than The Wife was.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I would say it’s pretty easy to see how she doesn’t win. There’s a lot unanswered about how the rest of the field takes shape, but she’s in a movie that got absolutely drubbed and has negative momentum; this is a much worse vehicle for a career award than The Wife was.

the 4th and 5th spots have no bearing on Close. Also what negative momentum? The film is getting embraced by the general audience. Streep won for the Iron Lady over much more celebrated competition. Close can do the same.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The Mauritanian Trailer

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I’m a News of the World pessimist but why are people ruling out Zengel? I personally never saw Hanks happening but her reviews are good enough to get in (even at the Globes who I feel won’t take a liking to her film outside her performance).

Also like whatever first reactions I read on Twitter, many were praising Zengel. Some even said she is better than Hanks.

Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

The Mauritanian Trailer

Category fraud for Foster.
    She’s in for me.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

We need to add The Mauritanian to the prediction center!

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Agreed, Zengel child is still possible and I’m feeling that more Academy-type people might like it, Anne Thompson loved it for example.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Category fraud for Foster.
    She’s in for me.

Why are you calling it fraud? Ensemble movies everyone is eligible for supporting.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Well she’s billed first and it looks like the story is being told from her perspective. But she could be more supporting than she seems.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.