Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Category fraud for Foster.
    She’s in for me.

I disagree. Seems like it’s a movie with no leads.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Foster looks good!

Profile picture
    Lady Bird Ronan
    Topics:

It looks promising and Foster looks good! It’s probably an ensemble so everyone is supporting.

FYC

Picture: "Minari"
    Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
    Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
    Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
    Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"

"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird Ronan

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Agreed, Zengel child is still possible and I’m feeling that more Academy-type people might like it, Anne Thompson loved it for example.

I mean like I’m someone who never bought Hanks or the film happening at the Globes but I’ve seen HFPA members who have hated on the film online who have praised her as a revelation.

I’m not predicting her but it is worth baring in mind that the supporting categories are a bit more receptive to child actors than the lead ones. Look at Tatum O’Neal and Anna Pacquin winning. Or Abigail Breslin getting nominated without Toni Colette (I know they were in a BP nominee and she got nominated along with Arkin but still there’s precedence).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also with Jodie Foster that isn’t category fraud. Unless she has a bigger role than the trailer suggested because she was quite clearly supporting to me. Her name is only first because she’s the most famous and most prestigious person in that film (and Cumberbatch got and because he’s definitely supporting).

If the film ends up being good I’ll say this now but Foster could potentially win this. She doesn’t really anything holding her back like Seyfried, Close and Colman do, she’s in a topical film and it’s not as if she’s been nominated or won so recently for Academy members to be too scared to award her a third. In fact I can see them giving it to her if they play a “one of her final big roles” type of narrative.

It would be brilliant if her and her twin Emma Corrin ended up winning both supporting Globes. 

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Also with Jodie Foster that isn’t category fraud. Unless she has a bigger role than the trailer suggested because she was quite clearly supporting to me. Her name is only first because she’s the most famous and most prestigious person in that film (and Cumberbatch got and because he’s definitely supporting). If the film ends up being good I’ll say this now but Foster could potentially win this. She doesn’t really anything holding her back like Seyfried, Close and Colman do, she’s in a topical film and it’s not as if she’s been nominated or won so recently for Academy members to be too scared to award her a third. In fact I can see them giving it to her if they play a “one of her final big roles” type of narrative. It would be brilliant if her and her twin Emma Corrin ended up winning both supporting Globes.

Uhhhh…she is only 58 Y.O. How can it be her final big role? Its not her fault she became a legend at an early age.

Anyways, i was expecting more from Foster, its a bit of same ol same ol but the competition is super crappy this year so i am rooting hard for her to get this if Glenn misses out.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

The Mauritanian looks damn good, as do Foster and Rahim. I’m kind of surprised they were able to make this movie–based on the trailer it’s very much a rebuke of the USA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Uhhhh…she is only 58 Y.O. How can it be her final big role? Its not her fault she became a legend at an early age.

Because it’s extraordinarily rare for Jodie Foster to act. She’s more of a director now.

Also notice how I said “one of” and not the final big role.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

the 4th and 5th spots have no bearing on Close.

We’re still relatively early in the race due to all the delays; there’s no way to get much sense of who is really catching interest or how that might affect the race.

Also what negative momentum? The film is getting embraced by the general audience.

Citation needed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Citation needed.

I fell of my chair lol!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Are Jodie Foster and Natasha Lyonne not on the predictions center? I wanna replace my no 5 with Foster but I can’t find her.

Really don’t wanna Saoirse getting another filler nomination.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Citation needed.

81% audience score on RT

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Are Jodie Foster and Natasha Lyonne not on the predictions center? I wanna replace my no 5 with Foster but I can’t find her.

When has she ever been filler?

Profile picture
    Lady Bird Ronan
    Topics:

Y’all act like Saoirse is a filler nom every damn time and doesn’t deserve all of her 4 nods (which she does and is a rare thing) and I’m tired of it.

FYC

Picture: "Minari"
    Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
    Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
    Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
    Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
    Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"

"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird Ronan

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Saoirse was NEVER a filler. All of her Oscar nominations were deserved.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.