Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

”Candice Bergen is phenomenal in Soderbergh’s Let Them All Talk. Her best performance in years.”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

”Candice Bergen is phenomenal in Soderbergh’s Let Them All Talk. Her best performance in years.”

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

81% audience score on RT

Self-selected group of people who chose to watch the movie after it got drubbed critically?

That’s a very slender basis to claim the film is winning over audiences. Granted, in the current release environment, there’s not many measures for us to go to, period. But there’s little suggesting that Hillbilly Elegy is proving noticeably popular.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

A lineup that included any and all of Burstyn, Foster, Bergen, Wiest, and Close would be such a blast from the past

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

The median age of a lineup of Seyfried, Colman, Burstyn, Bergen, and Foster (which is my current prediction) would have a median age of 60. That would be very exciting for an industry which often throws out successful actresses when they turn 40.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I hope Seyfried is not snubbed.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Let me be clear – having watched Mank, even though I am not a fan of that movie, Amanda Seyfried is a revelation. Underestimate her at your peril. She is the highlight of the movie to me, and is such an outstanding presence. This is the sort of role that takes a good actress and makes her a MOVIE STAR! Of all the performances, hers was the one that most appropriately embodied the Old Hollywood setting and acting style. It’s my favourite performance I’ve seen in a while.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

81% audience score on RT

Out of a whopping 716 user reviews. That’s probably a fraction of who’s actually seen the movie.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

Who are you quoting?

It would be cool to see her win. Her only nomination is for Starting Over. She is quite funny in that. The singing scene is priceless.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Let Them All Talk kind of gives off Phantom Thread vibes

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I hope Foster get a welcome back nomination, but I don’t want her to win over Seyfried.

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

Even if Foster is deserving, there’ll likely be such a conservative backlash to The Mauritanian that the Academy wouldn’t nominate her unless both she and the film are Parasite level undeniable.

The idea of Guantanamo Bay/offshore detention has entrenched bipartisan support, to the extent that challenging it invokes cries of being ‘unAmerican’ and ‘soft on terror’. It’ll be very hard for an awards campaign to overcome this baggage, especially as the public are likely not be very receptive to the film. Official Secrets, which tackled similar political ground, was a non starter commercially or awards wise, despite good reviews and raves for Keira Knightley.

Also, Cumberbatch’s American accent does not give me hope for this film even on a critical level.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Let me be clear – having watched Mank, even though I am not a fan of that movie, Amanda Seyfried is a revelation. Underestimate her at your peril. She is the highlight of the movie to me, and is such an outstanding presence. This is the sort of role that takes a good actress and makes her a MOVIE STAR! Of all the performances, hers was the one that most appropriately embodied the Old Hollywood setting and acting style. It’s my favourite performance I’ve seen in a while.

Echoing all of this as I have also seen Mank. I can’t wait for everyone else to see it because Seyfried is just spectacular.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Even if Foster is deserving, there’ll likely be such a conservative backlash to The Mauritanian that the Academy wouldn’t nominate her unless both she and the film are Parasite level undeniable.

Since when does the Academy care about conservative backlash?

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Foster, Burstyn, Close, Kidman, Winger, Bergen… Suddenly (or, more accurately, slowly but surely) this sleepy-ass race has been electrified by a bunch of legends of the first order.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.