Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Anyway, Amanda deserves.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Just finished Mank and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it – it’s definitely not winning Picture, though. I loved how talky it was. Amanda was great, I wouldn’t be mad if we won for this.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Shaw is not happening she has like 3 scenes, Saoirse is a frauded lead but she also is not happening.

Yeah I don’t see Shaw happening it’s just I think Ronan is below her for a nomination.

I really wanted to watch this before it turned out it was car crash so I don’t even know if I’ll bother lol.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

I have a feeling Netflix will put Meryl in supportingfor “The Prom”..because she obviously have more of a chance in lead for Let Them All Talk

Profile picture
    Lady Bird Ronan
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t see Shaw happening it’s just I think Ronan is below her for a nomination. I really wanted to watch this before it turned out it was car crash so I don’t even know if I’ll bother lol.

Saoirse ain’t happening but she ain’t below Shaw. Maybe at BAFTAs lmao.

FYC:

Best Picture: "Minari"
    Best Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
    Best Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
    Best Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
    Best Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"

"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird Ronan

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Am I the only one who wasn’t that blown away by Seyfried lol? Don’t get me wrong she was probably the best part of the film and I wouldn’t be mad if she won, but I didn’t find anything that special in her performance.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Am I the only one who wasn’t that blown away by Seyfried lol? Don’t get me wrong she was probably the best part of the film and I wouldn’t be mad if she won, but I didn’t find anything that special in her performance.

I’m somewhere in the middle.

I thought she was very good, but I’m not sure she’ll actually win an Oscar for this. Nominated? Sure, locked. Helps that the field is a little thin. But to win?… Feels steep. Unfortunately, it really wasn’t that great of a role.

Still, thought she put on a very good performance.

I found Mank overall incredibly okay. I enjoyed it enough, sure, Oldman’s great, music’s great, cinematography really has its moments, but at the end of the day it’s just kinda… fine? Kept feeling like it should have aimed just a little higher.

EDIT: Damn… I forgot this is practically Seyfried v Colman at this point… I guess Seyfried might still have a slight edge.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I’m somewhere in the middle. I thought she was very good, but I’m not sure she’ll actually win an Oscar for this. Nominated? Sure, locked. Helps that the field is a little thin. But to win?… Feels steep. Unfortunately, it really wasn’t that great of a role. Still, thought she put on a very good performance. I found Mank overall incredibly okay. I enjoyed it enough, sure, Oldman’s great, music’s great, cinematography really has its moments, but at the end of the day it’s just kinda… fine? Kept feeling like it should have aimed just a little higher.

yes to all of this! I was honestly a little disappointed that seyfried was only there to service oldmans narrative and wasn’t given much else to do. Hopefully Burstyn, Foster, Bergen or somebody else will completely blow us away in their upcoming performances.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I was honestly a little disappointed that seyfried was only there to service oldmans narrative and wasn’t given much else to do. 

That’s another major issue. If her character was cut, would anything (plot-wise, no matter how loose) be different? It just isn’t that strong of a part. It’s fun, sure, and she’s a natural scene-stealer (which is never to be undervalued), but there’s basically no meat. Her delivery’s great when she has a chance, and the costumes are ace (particularly that final scene where… well, she does nothing), but to pull a win for this is going to be because of a weak field. I kept feeling like she needed 2-3 more scenes at minimum. Mind you, with the history of this category, that’s not the first time I’ve said that about roles which have won…

If anything, Oldman topped expectations for me. I thought he was fantastic.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried is great in Mank. Her screen presence is magnetic, everytime she appears you just want more of it. I really wished she had more scenes. The definition of a perfect Supporting role.

However, I don’t feel she’s a lock to win at all. She will be competing against more conventional-emotional type of perfomances, like Colman’s and Burstyn’s. Anyways, she’ll be a deserving nominee and if she wins I’ll be very pleased.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

everytime she appears you just want more of it. I really wished she had more scenes.

I kept feeling like she needed 2-3 more scenes at minimum.

Yeah… particularly in that third quarter. And maybe something at the end. I can’t believe that table scene went by without her saying a word. I really thought she was going to have a big moment there.

Still, enjoyed her quite a bit. Wouldn’t be disappointed if she won, but I’m not sure I see it happening tbh. Both supporting categories are a bit of a mess this year.

Profile picture
    VINCE
    Topics:

I have a feeling Netflix will put Meryl in supportingfor “The Prom”..because she obviously have more of a chance in lead for Let Them All Talk

Considering how weak the competition in Supporting category. I’m sure they won’t hesitate to do that.

MARIAH CAREY

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

After watching “Mank” today, I’m dropping Seyfried to third. She was quite good, but I think her win will be the nomination… At this point, I’m still betting on Close with Colman in second.

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I really don’t think Seyfried will win for this.  She’s good and she does have a strong presence, but it’s really not a winning role.

It’s probably going to be Oscar #2 for Colman, which I’m not mad about at all.  I was hoping Seyfried would deliver and we would get a tough race between the two, but I don’t see that happening.  If Close gets nominated (which I hope she doesn’t for that hillbilly hamfest) we might see a “race.”  But I still think Colman will come out on top.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Amanda Seyfried gives a career best performance in Mank. She’s by far the best. Even better than Oldman.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.