Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    Lady Bird Ronan
    Topics:

That Gwyneth shade OMFGGGG 💀 Glenn didn’t have to spill that hard plsss

FYC:

Best Picture: "Minari"
    Best Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
    Best Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
    Best Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
    Best Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"

"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird Ronan

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

So I saw Hillbilly Elegy…and Glenn Close definitely deserves an Oscar nomination. In some scenes it was hard to believe that it was Glenn because she just looked so different. Like in that scene where she was on the hospital bed for the first time, wow!!! I felt like I was watching someone else. I definitely cannot picture Academy members saying “Sorry, not this time either Glenn”. She’s coming for that Oscar y’all.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Wow. I didn’t expect that shade from Glenn, even over a race she wasn’t competing in. Not judging but it seems out of character for her.

It’s pretty in character of her, actually. Blanchett said in an instagram live with Paulson that, on one of her very first films, the lead actress told her “I’m the star of this film” and deductive reasoning tells you it was Close in Paradise Road. She’s not exactly beloved.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I’m keeping Close at #3 (behind Colman/Seyfried)  for the time being, but she can easily be dropped if another contender (Lyonne, Foster, etc..) picks uo some steam.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ficocangiano/status/1331296786317783040?s=21

What did you say again?

Just take the L. What’s an interview with 125 views going to do?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Its always more than the 88 your precious Amanda got with hers, besides point is Netflix been doing promo for HE. The random spreading fake news lol!

They didn’t even tweet about HE’s release but instead preferred to promote the less (but still) panned Shawn Mendes documentary all day.

HE is not getting the promotion it should for an awards season release, but it’s understandable since I wouldn’t want anyone seeing this mess either.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Do you guys think here is any chance of Kirsten Wiig snatching a surprise nomination for Wonder Woman 1984?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Do you guys think here is any chance of Kirsten Wiig snatching a surprise nomination for Wonder Woman 1984?

Not happening

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For this performance of hers in Wonder Woman 1984? Sure…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    KingOfMovies
    Topics:

It’s pretty in character of her, actually. Blanchett said in an instagram live with Paulson that, on one of her very first films, the lead actress told her “I’m the star of this film” and deductive reasoning tells you it was Close in Paradise Road. She’s not exactly beloved.

REMEMBER: Cate also worked with Gwyneth Paltrow (The First Lady of Miramax) in The Talented Mr. Ripley. I’m pretty sure Cate was talking about Gwyneth. I don’t think actors of indie films say stuff like I’m the star of the film. They say when its a studio film but nice try with your fake information.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Not ruling Close out completely for a nomination. But she ain’t winning. For every normie who thinks she was great/fantastic/incredible in this, there’s another who can also see that it’s melodramatic and dragged down by a bad script.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Its always more than the 88 your precious Amanda got with hers, besides point is Netflix been doing promo for HE. The random spreading fake news lol!

Amy Adams and Glen Close are more popular than Seyfried, and HE will probably be more popular than Mank on Netflix (I mean the latter is b&w film about the making of 1940s film, and those who’ve seen it say it’s so inside baseball). But Seyfried is obviously the bigger contender, she has way better reviews and her film will probably have the most nominations out of any film this year. What you said has nothing to do with Netflix’s publicity.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The way Letitia Wright would eat up the competition this year.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The way Letitia Wright would eat up the competition this year.

Mangrove eats up most if not all of the eligible films in contention too.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

REMEMBER: Cate also worked with Gwyneth Paltrow (The First Lady of Miramax) in The Talented Mr. Ripley. I’m pretty sure Cate was talking about Gwyneth. I don’t think actors of indie films say stuff like I’m the star of the film. They say when its a studio film but nice try with your fake information.

someone severely lied to her if goop actually thought she was the star of the talented mr ripley

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.