Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Fletcher
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mangrove eats up most if not all of the eligible films in contention too.

It literally makes Chicago 7 look like community theatre lol.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

After watching Hillbilly Elegy I’m wondering if we’ve all jumped the gun a bit on Glenn. On the one hand films with RT scores as low as 25% almost never contend in major Oscar categories, but on the other hand a single acting nomination for a major star in a bland Sunday afternoon type of movie as this isn’t so irregular either, particularly when she undergoes a physical transformation. Hillbilly Elegy makes a semblance of what is considered a good movie enough to get by, maybe. This is one of the few times I’m left none the wiser about a film’s Oscar prospects after seeing it early in the season.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

someone severely lied to her if goop actually thought she was the star of the talented mr ripley

Well she was…coming off of ‘A Perfect Murder’ and her Oscar win. Not to mention she was all over tabloids with Ben Affleck at that time. There was a brief moment in time where the intolerable Goop was actually a star.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

After watching Hillbilly Elegy I’m wondering if we’ve all jumped the gun a bit on Glenn. On the one hand films with RT scores as low as 25% almost never contend in major Oscar categories, but on the other hand a single acting nomination for a major star in a bland Sunday afternoon type of movie as this isn’t so irregular either, particularly when she undergoes a physical transformation. Hillbilly Elegy makes a semblance of what is considered a good movie enough to get by, maybe. This is one of the few times I’m left none the wiser about a film’s Oscar prospects after seeing it early in the season.

I agree that she still has a chance. I didn’t like the film at all but I honestly wouldn’t be angry seeing Close winning for this (surprising because I did not expect to like her in this, nor am I a fan of Glenn Close). It’s a small chance, but the Academy may just eat the film up.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

REMEMBER: Cate also worked with Gwyneth Paltrow (The First Lady of Miramax) in The Talented Mr. Ripley. I’m pretty sure Cate was talking about Gwyneth. I don’t think actors of indie films say stuff like I’m the star of the film. They say when its a studio film but nice try with your fake information.

Lol I never said I was 100% positive, but I do think deductive reasoning tells you it was Close. Paltrow was third lead in Ripley, no? I find it really hard to believe she’d call herself the star. Watch 28:05 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbcXqnAT80, I feel like Blanchett’s emulating Close a bit… and prior to this in the conversation she discusses Paradise Road being a film she does not like talking about lol

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

Well she was…coming off of ‘A Perfect Murder’ and her Oscar win. Not to mention she was all over tabloids with Ben Affleck at that time. There was a brief moment in time where the intolerable Goop was actually a star.

that’s not what i meant at all. i love goop actually, i meant that she is quite clearly supporting matt damon and jude law in the film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol I never said I was 100% positive, but I do think deductive reasoning tells you it was Close. Paltrow was third lead in Ripley, no? I find it really hard to believe she’d call herself the star. Watch 28:05 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbcXqnAT80, I feel like Blanchett’s emulating Close a bit… and prior to this in the conversation she discusses Paradise Road being a film she does not like talking about lol

On a separate note when I originally saw the livestream I fell off my chair when Cate said “I’m a Lesbian” and then Paulson was like “really” and Cate said “apparently”.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

”Aubrey Plaza Is Getting A Lot Of Attention For Her Performance In Hulu’s ‘Happiest Season”

https://uproxx.com/movies/aubrey-plaza-happiest-season-performance/

Starting my campaign for Aubrey Plaza in ” Happiest Season ”, such a big d*ck energy!

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rw59-6gkA

Glenn Close Breaks Down Her Career, from ‘Fatal Attraction’ to ‘101 Dalmatians’ | Vanity Fair

Such an iconic carrer!

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

On a separate note when I originally saw the livestream I fell off my chair when Cate said “I’m a Lesbian” and then Paulson was like “really” and Cate said “apparently”.

They gave the gayz just enough winking fun in that.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rw59-6gkA Glenn Close Breaks Down Her Career, from ‘Fatal Attraction’ to ‘101 Dalmatians’ | Vanity Fair Such an iconic carrer!

Oh wow this was just made with Vanity Fair. That promo is coming apparently…

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Lol I never said I was 100% positive, but I do think deductive reasoning tells you it was Close. Paltrow was third lead in Ripley, no? I find it really hard to believe she’d call herself the star. Watch 28:05 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbcXqnAT80, I feel like Blanchett’s emulating Close a bit… and prior to this in the conversation she discusses Paradise Road being a film she does not like talking about lol

I’ve never seen that movie, but was Glenn “the star” of that movie? I looked up the cast and it also features Frances McDormand, Pauline Collins, and Julianna Margulies. I don’t know that Glenn would ever tell an up-and-coming young actress that she’s “the star” of the film. I’ve never heard of anyone who ever worked with Glenn complain about her.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I’ve never seen that movie, but was Glenn “the star” of that movie? I looked up the cast and it also features Frances McDormand, Pauline Collins, and Julianna Margulies. I don’t know that Glenn would ever tell an up-and-coming young actress that she’s “the star” of the film. I’ve never heard of anyone who ever worked with Glenn complain about her.

I think she was the lead, having never seen it. Either way, Blanchett is either talking about Close in Paradise Road or Paltrow for her supporting turn in Ripley; there’s no other plausible option from her filmography.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Oh wow this was just made with Vanity Fair. That promo is coming apparently…

Ironic as Vanity Fair totally dragged Hillbilly Elegy down concrete steps in its review.

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rw59-6gkA Glenn Close Breaks Down Her Career, from ‘Fatal Attraction’ to ‘101 Dalmatians’ | Vanity Fair Such an iconic carrer!

Absolute legend!!! I wish she would’ve discussed Jagged Edge. She was great in that and should’ve been Oscar nominated. And whoa, she was offered a leading role in a Merchant Ivory film circa 1984?????? Might it have been The Bostonians?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.