Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
BetteDavis
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Basinger was a truly horrible win. One of the worst.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I saw Ammonite today and Ronan probably won’t even be in the top 10. She was so bland and forgettable.

If Winslet gets in over one of Kirby, McDormand or Mulligan or even Zendaya or Day who I feel confident will be good I will be mad. She does not deserve a filler nomination this year when there are so many more superior performances than hers.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Winslet is never happening.  In fact, I think her future Oscar career is over.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Winslet is never happening. In fact, I think her future Oscar career is over.

Zellweger and McDormand recently won second Oscars and Winslet is arguably more talented than both…I don’t understand this cancellation of her career…

FYC:

Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Zellweger and McDormand recently won second Oscars and Winslet is arguably more talented than both…I don’t understand this cancellation of her career…

I just feel like critics and audience have kind of turned on her, which they haven’t for Zelly or McDormand.  I genuinely think a lot of people have a hard time separating her from Weinstein, Polanski, and Woody Allen.  Her desperate award campaigning, to her choice of material, to her personal beliefs, have all made her fairly unlikable to a lot of people.  I don’t see a comeback happening for her for quite some time and even then it might be on TV or stage first.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

She’ll never win lead again. Additional Oscar recognition will be elsewhere.

I love her but i agree. DDL was a one off event and even he wouldn’t have won a third hadn’t he been so inevitable playing a beloved person.

So Jodie’s best chance is in supporting or directing and to be honest she is not that good of a director.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I love Jodie but I’m not confident in STX Entertainment, the closest they got to the Oscars was with Hustlers mmm The Mauritanian looks baity as hell tho

I hope Bakalova gets in as a very unexpected but inspired choice, Marina de Tavira style. Yeah, I know that Borat is not Roma, but still.

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Kate will eventually win Supporting Actress, the talent and dedication are there, she just needs good material. At least, you can’t deny that she keeps trying.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Who has turned on Kate Winslet? She just got near career best notices for Ammonite.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I think that kind of comment “” did nothing “” is irritating, if there is no crying or screaming then it is not acting?

I don’t want to prolong my defense on Seyfried but just looking at her in a specific scene at a dinner where there’s no need to say anything, that we already notice what her character wants to say, that’s a lot

and how NOT to talk about her perfect line delivery in the scene ” Nobody but NOBODY makes a monkey outta William Randolph Hearst! ”

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m sorry
    How can rooting for Amanda Seyfried who is overwhelmingly received right now “standish” behavior, but rooting for a Glenn Close win with a 39 red MC Score and a 25% on rotten a “fact that can not be changed”.

Really confused.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Fletcher, I hear you on your frustration with that [type] of comment and I agree. That is a beautiful still, but I don’t think stills are really useful in rendering opinions on acting because acting is doing and actions can’t be captured in photos really. I say this because I know a few threads back people were discussing Vikander’s acting from a photo of her with her mouth open. I’m excited to see Seyfried and hope to be blown away!

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

Winslet is never happening. In fact, I think her future Oscar career is over.

thank god

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

Ronan didn’t even try in Ammonite. She clearly didn’t like the experience.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

For the 8th time, poor Glenn….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.