Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Miles

• TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

I thought Leo was great in The Revenant (not his best, but still thought he did a great job).

This is Hillbilly Elegy.

Glenn in Hillbilly Elegy is miles better than Leo in The Revenant

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Zuranthium
    Topics:

Definitely not happening lol

A bunch of people mocked that person, but just change out Cooke for Colman and it’s very possible. Fishback has a great performance in big latebreaking contender and Foster is possible if she’s using her connections to campaign, asking everyone to watch the movie because of what an important story it is. Burstyn has that advantage too; it’s hard to tell the extent to which they are actually campaigning, although in interviews Burstyn has outright said she wants an Oscar nomination for this performance, LOL. I wonder if that is a turn-off for voters overall, or if they are into it because a Burstyn nomination would be record-breaking and a statement of old actors getting recognition.

tom92
    Topics:

I don’t believe this year we will reward anyone overdue. Do we really want Close to finally win on zoom?

MichelleReign
    Topics:

I don’t believe this year we will reward anyone overdue. Do we really want Close to finally win on zoom?

This
    I will requote myself again – Close needs to win in a proper ceremony!

Barbra Please
    Topics:

I think Cooke had a good chance if Sound of Metal could crack a best pict nom.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Gwen
    Topics:

This I will requote myself again – Close needs to win in a proper ceremony!

I think that since the ceremony will be held in late april, there’s a decent chance it will be in person. Didn’t the Oscars already confirm that?

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

Everything Everywhere All at Once in all categories
    Luca Guadagnino for Best Director
    Martin McDonagh for Best Adapted Screenplay
    Brendan Fraser, Colin Farrell for Best Leading Actor
    Brendan Gleeson for Best Supporting Actor
    Hong Chau for Best Supporting Actress

M: The Original
    Topics:

Jesus she just needs to win this race. People love to move the goalpost when it comes to Close. She doesn’t need to walk through a ring of fire to be worthy of a fucking Oscar considering the less than thespian thespians who have one or sometimes two.

Canetto
    Topics:

Jesus she just needs to win this race. People love to move the goalpost when it comes to Close. She doesn’t need to walk through a ring of fire to be worthy of a fucking Oscar considering the less than thespian thespians who have one or sometimes two.

Ahahahah.. You are totally right.

P.s. Hillbilly elegy in the short list’s Oscar for makeup and hairstyling

Keth
    Topics:

It’s not ideal, but at least she would finally be an Oscar winner. Can you imagine the standing ovation she would get next year when she announces the Best Supporting Actor at the ceremony.

In reality, it would suck if anyone who finally wins the coveted Oscar to have to accept it via zoom. Especially for Glenn Close because of her history with the Academy Awards.

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

tom92
    Topics:

It’s not ideal, but at least she would finally be an Oscar winner. Can you imagine the standing ovation she would get next year when she announces the Best Supporting Actor at the ceremony.

In reality, it would suck if anyone who finally wins the coveted Oscar to have to accept it via zoom. Especially for Glenn Close because of her history with the Academy Awards.

It’s difficult because you can’t guarantee anyone will get another nomination. But I think in their heads voters would choose to wait for Glenn. She was nominated 2 years ago so it’s not unrealistic she’ll get another soon. What a slap in the face is she wins for this role on zoom!

tom92
    Topics:

But why make her wait so long then?

tom92
    Topics:

I think that since the ceremony will be held in late april, there’s a decent chance it will be in person. Didn’t the Oscars already confirm that?

Not guaranteed. Wear a mask!

gorman
    Topics:

I get why people here think this, but I don’t think it’s a sentiment that translates to voters in a way that’s big enough to call her a frontrunner or the inevitable winner here. The evidence for this is mainly what happened with The Wife, when she looked a shoo-in but was beaten by a performance with more passion in a BP film (that could be Youn, Coleman, Seyfried, Fishback or Zengel this year). I know you can argue The Wife really solidified this narrative that she is owed a win, but that was the narrative that made her the frontrunner in 2019 and it didn’t lead to a win. Granted, you can say HE is a more visible film and the performance is more transformative, but visibility doesn’t always equal greater passion and transformative doesn’t always mean better. If you look at the last several winners here, transformative roles haven’t really been a factor, I guess Janney is the only one sort of along those lines the past five years.

I think she can win, I just think we need better reasons than that she ‘needs to win’ because of her narrative if we’re predicting her, and I think there’s plenty of things still against her that I can’t quite dismiss until she starts actually picking up the awards.

Ryusei
    Topics:

God the way I want Youn or Bakalova to win just to see their nay-sayers leave this forum Loden style

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.