Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 493 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    bellajoe
    Topics:

I’m thinking Focus is just gonna push it back, because we’ve heard zero info about this film and it’s already October. I could understand if it was a Netflix film, but this one is most likely going straight to theaters and needs the promotion, so no, I think they’re gonna end up pushing ‘Stillwater’ back to fall of next year.

Yeah. i’m def gonna sub Breslin out in November if there’s no official promo photos or a trailer, especially because I’m currently snubbing Seyfried, which is totally not the move. It’s really a shame because Focus could be competitive this year. I doubt they get noms next year for Stillwater (or Mulligan for that matter) next year. The premise of Stillwater film sounds so cool, and something like it could work this year, but it sounds too ‘interesting’ for academy consideration in a normal year.

FYC Oscars 2022:
    Picture: Passing
    Actress: Ruth Negga, Tessa Thompson

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Yeah. i’m def gonna sub Breslin out in November if there’s no official promo photos or a trailer, especially because I’m currently snubbing Seyfried, which is totally not the move. It’s really a shame because Focus could be competitive this year. I doubt they get noms next year for Stillwater (or Mulligan for that matter) next year. The premise of Stillwater film sounds so cool, and something like it could work this year, but it sounds too ‘interesting’ for academy consideration in a normal year.

Yea everytime I see Seyfried in the Mank stills, my confidence raises higher and higher. She looks amazing!!! I would love to see her get her first nom.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Is Seyfried getting buzz for Mank? Or is she being included as a placeholder in predictions?

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Glenn Close for Hillbilly Elegy is giving me Leonardo Dicaprio in The Revenant teas where I don’t necessarily predict she will give a career best performance but the campaign will be aggressive, the narratives in the campaign of a snubbed icon will be strong, and she will likely get the gold.

Netflix has the Supporting Actress on lock, if they fuck this up that’s a colossal fuckup.

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am expecting Netflix to easily win both Supporting categories. I love Colman and I’m not counting her out but I just noticed the irony if after beating Glenn for a Sony Pictures Classics film called The Wife if she ends up winning over Glenn for a Sony Pictures Classics film called The Father.

I’ve stated my opinion about Adams, Davis, Kirby and Pfeiffer being in danger.

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

Sorkin to Write ‘Social Network’ Sequel Once Fincher Agrees to Direct, Shares Rave ‘Mank’ Review

Aaron Sorkin singles out Lily Collins and Amanda Seyfried

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/10/sorkin-social-network-sequel-fincher-directs-mank-review-1234591178/ Aaron Sorkin singles out Lily Collins and Amanda Seyfried

Aren’t they the only primary female characters?

Seyfried I can see, but Lily Collins is probably not getting nominated.

Profile picture
    Fitzgerald
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/10/sorkin-social-network-sequel-fincher-directs-mank-review-1234591178/

Aaron Sorkin singles out Lily Collins and Amanda Seyfried

Adore the friendship between Sorkin and Fincher. But unfortunately I have a feeling that the Best Picture this year will come down to Mank or Chicago 7.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

amanda seyfried is definitely the performance in contention this year i’m most excited to see! she looked absolutely amazing from the stills

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/10/sorkin-social-network-sequel-fincher-directs-mank-review-1234591178/ Aaron Sorkin singles out Lily Collins and Amanda Seyfried

I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins is the 5th nominee. If she pulls off a great performance she’ll have a ton of visibility, much more than Zengel or Burstyn.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

First off no one ever needed to give the performance of his lifetime to win an Oscar. Not only Leonardo DiCaprio had the best performance of that lineup but he barely had any competition. Redmayne and his film were a mess, Damon was never winning and the two others’ films flopped across the board. Glennie is undeniable.

Damon’s performance was actually the best that year but you were right: he was never going to win. He had no narrative, and DiCaprio had perhaps the biggest overdue narrative of all time. So he was pretty much a lock.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

What really makes me doubt Colman isn’t that she won so recently, but that she’s competing against Close again, and I don’t think voters will want to see Close get defeated by the same actress again. Granted, it’s not impossible as we’ve seen Annette Benning lose twice to Hillary Swank, but I think this is different, as Close is even more overdue than Benning was then.

This! Close is a 3x Emmy & Tony winner. It is shameful to deny her one supporting award … She has 8 nominations (with Hillbilly) and 73 years.

Close will not be named to lose again…. For the same person.

In the Annette/Hillary case… Million Dollar Baby is a BP winner and Being Julia is a mediocre film.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

if what we’ve seen is any sort of indication, amanda is gonna give glenn a run for her money.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Amanda looks so good in the Mank teaser. She’s definitely competitive and if they go full Mank, then Lily could get a nomination if supporting actress remains so open.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

She’s coming!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.