Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 461 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

This is one of the oddest categories this year. I would never say anything is a certain, but I just can’t picture anything else but these five nominated:

1. Colman (The Father)

2. Burstyn (Pieces of A Woman)

3. Close (Hillbilly Elegy)

4. Seyfried (Mank)

5. Ronan (Ammonite)

I don’t even have a 6th. Zengel would need to REALLY hit it out of the park to grab a nom (over Ronan).

Not really lol. If Zengel’s in a BP and BD nominated film, she’d easily happen over Ronan or Burstyn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol, nope.

Honestly the prematureness of people ruling people out at this stage of the Oscars race sends me every year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Honestly the prematureness of people ruling people out at this stage of the Oscars race sends me every year.

You always say this, but you never actually present an argument as to why you’re predicting those in question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Burstyn
    4. Seyfried
    5. I have no idea

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You always say this, but you never actually present an argument as to why you’re predicting those in question.

What argument would you like me to present though? I mean I will willingly present one it’s just sometimes it gets a bit repetitive and people yell at me.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

What argument would you like me to present though? I mean I will willingly present one it’s just sometimes it gets a bit repetitive and people yell at me.

Why is Burstyn happening? I’ve already stated multiple times why I don’t think she’s happening and why I don’t think Kirby is either, but you never actually respond with a counter argument lol. It just comes across as though your stanning or hoping they happen because you know the actual odds aren’t on their sides. Which is fine, btw. We all stan different actors and actresses, but just preface it by saying your hopedicting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

October predictions:
    #1- Close, HILLBILLY ELEGY
    #2- Colman, THE FATHER
    #3- Zengel, NEWS OF THE WORLD
    #4- Youn, MINARI
    #5- Burstyn, PIECES OF A WOMAN
    NOTE: if Adams goes supporting, she will be taking either Youn or Burstyn’s places

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Some people still predicting Ronan, huh?

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Seyfried
    4. Burstyn
    5. Zengel

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why is Burstyn happening? I’ve already stated multiple times why I don’t think she’s happening and why I don’t think Kirby is either, but you never actually respond with a counter argument lol. It just comes across as though your stanning or hoping they happen because you know the actual odds aren’t on their sides. Which is fine, btw. We all stan different actors and actresses, but just preface it by saying your hopedicting.

I’m not hopedicting Kirby or Burstyn. In fact I’m not even rooting for Burstyn (if there’s anyone I’m hopedicting in that category it’s Glenn lol).

– Kirby has just won a major industry award.

– There are high profile names who have shown support for her such as Cate Blanchett (who said she was the undeniable winner at Venice and praised Burstyn), Martin Scorsese and Sam Levinson.

– It’s very rare for the Academy to snub a potential first time nominee in Actress. In fact since 2000 it has only happened once.

– Burstyn fits the type of “veteran who has a scene” nomination.

– Burstyn is a veteran who hasn’t been nominated in years and critics state this is one of her best performances.

– Kirby has a little bit of prior recognition (had roles in trashy blockbusters, nominated at the Emmys for a show widely seen in the industry).

I don’t think either should be ruled out for nominations (although we can safely rule out Burstyn for the win imo lol) or Kirby for the win. I don’t think the comparisons between her and Theron that were made are unfounded (I mean I’ve seen publications argue the same).

I’m not saying they’re locks by any means (even though some publications have stated that) but I am dumbfounded at people stating there is no way they get nominated or there is no way Kirby wins. To me it feels like people are just rooting for their favourites like they do every year and not keeping an open mind (this applies to every Oscars race in every category).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

My predictions as of now are:

#1 – Colman

#2 – Close

#3- Burstyn

#4 – Seyfried

#5 – Collins

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

1: Glenn Close

2: Olivia Colman

3: Amanda Seyfried

4: Saoirse Ronan

5: Abigail Breslin

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Colman vs close should be amazing to watch since honestly the only other one that strikes me as a contender is seyfried

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Best Supporting Actress:

Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Olivia Colman, The Father

Saiorse Ronan, Ammonite

Helena Zengel, News of the World

Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman

(Mary J. Blige, Respect)

(Amanda Seyfried, Mank)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

1. Close

2. Colman

3. Burstyn

4. Ronan

5. Seyfried

Such a bland lineup. I almost hope it doesn’t happen.

rubbish

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

I am predicting Seyfried too, but if she actually makes it in, damn. I’m so proud of her.

And really, none for Gretchen Weiners.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 461 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.