Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 493 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It just looks a little bit TV movie-ish to me. The trailer music is so overly cloying and the whole thing just comes off a little cliche. On watching the trailer I felt like I’d been slapped around the face with sentiment. That and they went for just a series of scenes of Glenn and Amy doing Acting rather than giving any idea what the movie is trying to say. Glenn seems a lock at least for a nom but the movie…eh.

Yeah exactly. It also felt like a really badly cut trailer. It felt like Netflix saying “Vote for Amy and Glenn” rather than “watch this movie”.

Glenn was kind of always locked for a nom. Her field was very barren and we knew her performance was going to be transformative.

Amy in an ideal world should be win competitive but I don’t have confidence in her being a “nomination lock” or a winning threat. If Netflix are going to campaign four actors in Lead they’re going to have to decide like Miramax did in 2002 on which one to focus on. Amy HAS to be the main priority of Netflix and with Davis, Kirby and Loren there I don’t know. I really want her to win (I’m in the minority of people who think she should have Emma Stone’s Oscar) and I guess considering how I think Ron Howard is getting in her and Glenn could both win.

I swear if they shun her again :

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Look girls, al this point Glenn should win the Oscar if she acted the hell out of a pap smear ad. It’s Glenn Close. Yeah, the trailer feels fucking 90s, but if the jellies (RIP Sasha) have one Oscar, Glenn deserves to win if she delivers.

Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

so Netflix has the 3 most likely acting winners? hm would be a big sweep for them

Davis/Kirby

Close

Boseman

Oldman would’ve been more competitive if he didn’t win a couple of years ago

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Amanda?

She was never winning imo. The only threat for her was at precursors tbh.

I mean has anyone ever won an Oscar for a David Fincher film?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Amy is really not an winning threat as shes the 3rd priority from her studio. However her nomination chances increased a lot.

That’s it bye bye Kirby. She probably will still get campaigned a tonne by Netflix but she’s my second priority here (Davis is down to third and Mulligan is down to fourth). I mean I think Kirby can still win (like I said anyone can at this point because this season all the cards are off the table) and I want her to get nominated or be close to winning but…

…The master better win

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well, Glenn just confirmed her frontrunner status with this trailer and since HFPA loves to take credit for Oscar winners, Glenn just gave them a really good reason to go with her so Amanda is done… indeed.

I said this on the Hillbilly thread but it would be very hypocritical to snub her for the win when she’s the most overdue actress in Academy history. Especially after they gave Laura Dern an Oscar for “being overdue” when she played a lawyer with 20 minutes of screen time.

Amy I don’t know. That category is so messed up right now that Margot Robbie could come in and win for playing Harley f***ing Quinn lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Or when you declared Kirby the winner after she won the Volpi?

I PREDICTED Kirby to win (I never said she was easily winning) but I can say that I am no longer predicting Kirby to win.

I love Vanessa Kirby as an actress A LOT but if Amy delivers here it would be really hypocritical for them to award her on her first go (especially when she has a baity new movie coming next year), Davis her second Oscar and McDormand her third when the second most overdue actress in history is right there. They’ve done it before and they better not do it again.

I’d say if Amy wins the Drama Globe she’s probably winning the BAFTA very easily as well. They’ve nominated her more than the Oscars.

FYC:

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Looks like another shitty Ron Howard movie that I’m probably gonna hate, but as long as it doesn’t get negative reviews Glenn Close probably has the Oscar in the bag.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Are you just putting the same gif under every post that thinks this movie doesn’t look great, or do you have an actual opinion?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Yes Glenn is sweeping, the GP and the Academy will eat this up. Best Picture, Actress, Sup Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Hairstyling and Make Up.

Funny enough, those are exactly the same nominations I’m predicting.

With said, lets keep our feet on the ground. The year is completely crazy and critics seem to be hating on everything. And I don’t want to jinx Glenn, Amy or the movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Funny enough, those are exactly the same nominations I’m predicting. With said, lets keep our feet on the ground. The year is completely crazy and critics seem to be hating on everything. And I don’t want to jinx Glenn, Amy or the movie.

This.

I understand I need to tone it down with my excitement for The Crown on the TV side but I’m being cautious about Amy still and I don’t want to be disappointed because people think it’s the second coming. This is a trailer after all and Netflix are notoriously manipulative when it comes to their trailers (even on the TV side).

I may be predicting Amy as the frontrunner (for now) but she’s far from a lock.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I’m stanning for Glenn this season 👏🏾 As predicted, it looks like a very transformative role. One which requires a lot of emotional weight. She can win! I feel it in my spirit.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Engrave her name on the fucking statuette now chile

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis, Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

Amy is really not an winning threat as shes the 3rd priority from her studio. However her nomination chances increased a lot.

Glenn truly rolling the dice in this tho.

How do you know she’s a third priority of the studio? Out of the three actresses, Amy is the only one with a strong overdue narrative behind her back and arguably the biggest star of the three so no, she ain’t third.

Profile picture
    Gabe Guarin
    Topics:

I’d say if Amy wins the Drama Globe she’s probably winning the BAFTA very easily as well. They’ve nominated her more than the Oscars.

If Amy wins Golden Globe and BAFTA, she’ll probably win everything else including the Oscar.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.