Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Yuh-jung Youn could end up being solidly in Supporting Actress. People really loved her performance in Minari (myself included, I honestly think she should win). There’s also a lot of people who like her more than Zhao Shuzhen in The Farewell, which could mean something considering that she wasn’t able to get in anywhere last year except for Critics’ Choice. With Minari coming out later in the year, it’s also possible that she could land a Golden Globe nomination or a SAG nomination, which would be a massive help to her.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

this may be a reach but Natasha Lyonne is playing Tallulah Bankhead in US vs Billie Holliday. She seems to have second billing and I noticed she wasn’t in the prediction centre but I really wouldn’t be surprised if she bodies this role.

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It won’t happen but I hope Laura Linney gets nominated this year so she can build up buzz for another project à la Hopkins. She’s overdue here.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

It won’t happen but I hope Laura Linney gets nominated this year so she can build up buzz for another project à la Hopkins. She’s overdue here.

Linney hasn’t done anything notable in film since her last nom IMO. She’s doing amazing work on TV.

Does she even have a project coming out she could get nominated for?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Linney hasn’t done anything notable in film since her last nom IMO. She’s doing amazing work on TV. Does she even have a project coming out she could get nominated for?

Falling. She got good reviews for it and she’s being predicted by some editors/experts but like I said I doubt she gets in because the film has had a mixed response and it might be too small.

What I was saying is that I hope she could surprise here with the empty field but like I said in my post it’s unlikely.

On a separate note I have a feeling if they nominate Kate for Ammonite they might nominate Fiona Shaw instead of Saoirse. Shaw’s performance is the most acclaimed from the film  (even the mixed reviews praise her) and I can see it being a situation like when Lesley Manville got nominated for Phantom Thread where the more acclaimed performance from the British/Irish veteran misses almost everywhere but gets in at BAFTA and then the Oscars over the co-lead  (although Phantom Thread was ofc more acclaimed than Ammonite has been thus far). I mean someone I know who saw Ammonite at LFF and gave it a one star said Shaw was excellent.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Let’s do a little question – who are people’s second place predictions?

Mine is Amanda Seyfried – I am predicting Mank as the Best Picture winner, and predicting good stuff from her.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Falling. She got good reviews for it and she’s being predicted by some editors/experts but like I said I doubt she gets in because the film has had a mixed response and it might be too small. What I was saying is that I hope she could surprise here with the empty field but like I said in my post it’s unlikely.

As far as I know Falling does not currently have a US distributor.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Let’s do a little question – who are people’s second place predictions?

Mine is Amanda Seyfried – I am predicting Mank as the Best Picture winner, and predicting good stuff from her.

Olivia Colman. I got to see reviews for seyfried before I predict her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As far as I know Falling does not currently have a US distributor.

That’s weird. Why is she in the predictions centre again?

Let’s do a little question – who are people’s second place predictions? Mine is Amanda Seyfried – I am predicting Mank as the Best Picture winner, and predicting good stuff from her.

Olivia Colman. Her performance has been met with universal acclaim and she’s in a Best Picture contender. I doubt she wins but just like when she won for The Favourite she also the buzz from The Crown in her favour for her to be at least second in the line-up I’m predicting.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

That’s weird. Why isn’t she in the predictions centre again? 

I assume you mean why is she there? I don’t know – I may be wrong. But AFAIK it has no US distribution.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Glenn Close
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Amanda Seyfried
    4. Ellen Burstyn
    5. Lily Collins

6. Saoirse Ronan
    7. Olivia Williams
    8. Fiona Shaw
    9. Debra Winger
    10. Helena Zengel

I assume you mean why is she there? I don’t know – I may be wrong. But AFAIK it has no US distribution.

Yeah sorry (phone typo).

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

END OF WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Best Supporting Actress

1. Olivia Colman (The Father)
    2. Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy)
    3. Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    4. Amanda Seyfried (Mank)
    5. Saoirse Ronan (Ammonite)
    Profile picture
    zizzle
    Topics:

Glenn Close in Hillbilly Flop is not beating Saoirse <3

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Glenn Close in Hillbilly Flop is not beating Saoirse <3

Saoirse isn’t winning either lol

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.