Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I think if Amy Adams will campaign supporting she will win thie category in a CAKE WALK. Her role is so tailor-made to win Best Supporting Actress.

Glenn Close sends her regards 😁

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

The best thing Amy could do is go supporting. In lead she would be fighting for a spot, here there are to spare.

And before anyone says something about vote splitting with Glenn, I don’t think that’s a problem honestly. Vote splits here are not impossible to overcome.

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Assuming Adams will not go supporting:

Frontrunner

Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy

Next in line

Olivia Colman, The Father
    Amanda Seyfried, Mank

On the brink

Saoirse Ronan, Ammonite
    Lily Collins, Mank
    Helena Zengel, News of the World

Strong possibilities

Ellen Burstyn, Pieces of a Woman
    Kristin Scott Thomas, Rebecca

Possibilities

Debra Winger, Kajillionaire
    Toni Collette, I’m Thinking of Ending Things
    Rebecca Ferguson, Dune
    Ruth Negga, Passing
    Jodie Foster, Prisoner 760
    Abigail Breslin, Stillwater
    Alison Brie, Happiest Season
    Elizabeth Depicki, Tenet
    Mary J. Blige, Respect
    Da’Vine Joy Randolph, The United States vs. Billie Holiday
    Charlotte Rampling, Dune
    Cherry Jones, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Nicole Kidman, The Prom
    Odessa Young, Shirley

Longer shots

Annette Bening, Death on the Nile
    Connie Britton, Good Joe Bell
    Octavia Spencer, The Witches
    Mila Kunis, Four Good Days
    Bette Midler, The Glorias: My Life on the Road
    Gemma Chan, Let Them All Talk
    Meryl Streep, The Prom

Theoretical possibilities

Rachel Brosnahan, The Courier
    Regina Taylor, All Day and a Night
    Jessie Buckley, The Courier
    Tiffany Boone, Good Morning, Midnight
    Julianne Moore, The Woman in the Window
    Thandie Newton, Reminiscence

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a feeling that a line-up of Burstyn, Close, Colman, Ronan and Seyfried may end up being the final one (unless Mank is stronger and Ammonite gets shut out somewhere and Collins knocks Ronan out). I mean who else is there that can get in? Debra Winger?

Also you can say I’m hopedicting here because I’m rooting for Glenn but I see no way she loses (unless Colman surprises at BAFTA again). She seems to not really have much competition.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I have a feeling that a line-up of Burstyn, Close, Colman, Ronan and Seyfried may end up being the final one (unless Mank is stronger and Ammonite gets shut out somewhere and Collins knocks Ronan out). I mean who else is there that can get in?

Too early to make such definitive conclusions.

Most of the movies haven’t come out. Seyfried in Mank could be a dud. Zengel in News To The World could be great. Pieces of a Woman could be totally ignored outside of Kirby. Ronan could easily flop or overperform in the precursors. Colman could go lead. Adams could be better than Close in Elegy. Stillwater or Respect could emerge as players.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Apparently Blige only has two scenes or something, and the film is close to 3 hours long lol so yeah she’s not happening.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I don’t think Respect is going to be very good, or at least have worthy performances, but for some reason its giving me late/commercial pick vibes. It probably won’t make much money either, but it feels like one of those movies some voters go for because they think it checks both “””prestige””” and mainstream boxes.

rubbish

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I don’t think Respect is going to be very good, or at least have worthy performances, but for some reason its giving me late/commercial pick vibes. It probably won’t make much money either, but it feels like one of those movies some voters go for because they think it checks both “””prestige””” and mainstream boxes.

I see it being this year’s Judy, Hudson will be the only aspect of the film to have a chance to get nominated.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I don’t know why she’s not in the prediction center, but if Respect is good, 6-time Tony winner Audra McDonald could make it in

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I would love Adams to go supporting and win. If she and Close were both nominated, that would mark the third time she was nominated against a costar in supporting

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Do not underestimate her.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I don’t know why she’s not in the prediction center, but if Respect is good, 6-time Tony winner Audra McDonald could make it in

I would love it if she made it. She’s only an Oscar away from the EGOT after all.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

People here are underestimating Stillwater, and especially Breslin.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

So if HE is a dud and Close falls, who wins? Colman? I don’t see her winning a second oscar in this category so soon, also lead actress winners never win supporting AFTER their lead win, this race is not as strong as the lead actress one

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

So if HE is a dud and Close falls, who wins? Colman? I don’t see her winning a second oscar in this category so soon, also lead actress winners never win supporting AFTER their lead win, this race is not as strong as the lead actress one

I would say Amanda Seyfried.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.