Home Forums Movies Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
David
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This thread is boring… Nothing has happened for days. We need more Intel to move things here.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/oscars-2021-best-supporting-actress-predictions-1234575204/ – IndieWire’s October 1 predictions had Kajillionaire getting 2/5 S Actress spots 💀 (Gina Rodriguez over Glenn lmaooo)

I’m joining the Youn Yuh-Jung train, removed Burstyn for her. Personally would not mind her upsetting Glenn. Glenn should finally get her LEAD win for Sunset Boulevard and not a consolation Supporting win for “good terminator, bad terminator, and neutral.”

rubbish

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Glenn should finally get her LEAD win for Sunset Boulevard

There’s no guarantee that movie will ever come to fruition.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/oscars-2021-best-supporting-actress-predictions-1234575204/ – IndieWire’s October 1 predictions had Kajillionaire getting 2/5 S Actress spots 💀 (Gina Rodriguez over Glenn lmaooo)

If you look carefully, they don’t have any contenders in the frontrunner position from movies that haven’t been seen or reviewed.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Hence the should. She should get her dream project and win for it.

If you look carefully, they don’t have any contenders in the frontrunner position from movies that haven’t been seen or reviewed.

Yes Anne Thompson literally says “no movie will be dreamed a frontrunner until I’ve seen it” but the sheer thought of Gina Rodriguez being the frontrunner over Glenn Close is send-worthy

rubbish

Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Glenn’s got this..

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

October predictions

NYFCC: Wright
    LAFCA: Yuh-Jung
    NSFC: Yuh-Jung
    NBR: Tomei

Indie Spirits: Agron, Chikaeze, Rodriguez, Ryder, Yuh-Jung

Golden Globes: Close, Collins, Colman, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung

SAG: Close, Colman, Kidman, Seyfried, Tomei

Critics Choice: Blige, Close, Colman, Ronan, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung

BAFTA: Collins, Close, Hart, Mbatha-Raw, Poot, Seyfried (have Colman in lead)

Oscar: Burstyn, Close, Colman, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt Scott-Thomas gets snubbed at BAFTA. She practically gets nominated there for everything nowadays and I think she’s this years Emily Blunt for The Girl on the Train.

Indie Spirits: Agron, Chikaeze, Rodriguez, Ryder, Yuh-Jung

This is too indie even for the indie spirits awards. I’d say Winger is likelier than Rodriguez firstly and I’d say Glenn and Ellen are locks.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

The sad thing is that the movie that could earn her an Oscar is unlikely to be made unless she wins an Oscar.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

This is too indie even for the indie spirits awards. I’d say Winger is likelier than Rodriguez firstly and I’d say Glenn and Ellen are locks.

I don’t think Glenn is eligible for the Indie Spirits. Her movie has a budget of 45 million.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I don’t think Glenn is eligible for the Indie Spirits. Her movie has a budget of 45 million.

Yeah, Hillbilly Elegy won’t be eligible.

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

Rebecca got pretty bad reviews and I doubt Netflix is gonna put any campaign muscle behind it, I feel like it’s pretty DOA in terms of awards, outside of maybe production or costume design

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I know I’ve said she didn’t stand a chance of winning before but after reading new reviews every day, especially the new ones from AFI Fest, I think we might be underestimating Colman.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rebecca got pretty bad reviews and I doubt Netflix is gonna put any campaign muscle behind it, I feel like it’s pretty DOA in terms of awards, outside of maybe production or costume design

I don’t think it will get campaigning muscle for the Oscars either (and btw I’m not rooting for it because it looks like absolute trash) but Indiewire are reporting that they are heavily pushing it at BAFTA (which is why I think even though the film will flop there that KST will slip into S. Actress there) and I feel like considering the raves she’s gotten for it she can happen like Emily Blunt at SAG (big star in a widely seen film that was panned but performance got rave reviews).

I know I’ve said she didn’t stand a chance of winning before but after reading new reviews every day, especially the new ones from AFI Fest, I think we might be underestimating Colman.

I have a feeling she could very well walk home with two Golden Globes. The HFPA love her and I think both The Crown and The Father are winning their Series and Film categories respectively so it doesn’t make sense to not (at the very least) consider her winning both. I already am predicting her to win the BAFTA (although still sticking with Glenn for the Oscar).

Let’s not forget last time Colman she had the buzz and anticipation for her role in The Crown which helped her achieve her “moment”. If the fourth season of that is as big as we’re expecting it to be she could have another “moment”.

I mean like you said Diego she has raves for it.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

October predictions NYFCC: Wright LAFCA: Yuh-Jung NSFC: Yuh-Jung NBR: Tomei Indie Spirits: Agron, Chikaeze, Rodriguez, Ryder, Yuh-Jung Golden Globes: Close, Collins, Colman, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung SAG: Close, Colman, Kidman, Seyfried, Tomei Critics Choice: Blige, Close, Colman, Ronan, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung BAFTA: Collins, Close, Hart, Mbatha-Raw, Poot, Seyfried (have Colman in lead) Oscar: Burstyn, Close, Colman, Seyfried, Yuh-Jung

Why do you think Seyfried is more likely to win BAFTA than Close?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2021 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.